a wonderful day in the field..

Mikey P

Administrator
1st job..

An empty mini mansion with 1500 sq ft of wtw wool and 2 staircases. Delightful easy to work with CEO of home administration getting this dump up for sale while prepping the new 30 million dollar home that we'll be seeing soon. Urine, ink, make up crud ...we were hitting it out of the park when our waste tank filled and shut down just in time to watch this guy and his daughter stop by to pick up some furniture.We let the tank drain and proceeded to have a half hour conversation about Bakeries, Life in Santa Cruz, Smart Phones vs Jitterbugs, Bull dogs, Cinnamon Bread, Marriage, Divorce, working with your father, Life in Germany as a child, Isuzus, Sprinters, Suck mops, Santa's Village....

20131121_134722_zps70ba1805.jpg

He own's this place..

We were stoked that he gave us two loaves to snack on.

6344895120_8e5acf5999.jpg

Time spent wanding was also time spent bluetoofing with Kip Hardesty, Sam Miller and the FCC.. Even Ass dialed Fred later on and the freAk eavesdropped for 7 minutes....lol

Cruzed on over to the 2nd and last job where the 82 year old darling had her 78 year old BFF (who we also clean for) over to give us a hard time. We love busting on each other, have been for 20 years now. I got to turn her visiting daughter on to the fact that here in Cali we can get delicious Tofu Turkey from a place called Trader Joes. She to is a veggie but lives on a tiny island off the Maine coast and had no clue such a thing was available.

images

Two to three times a year for two decades now she has us clean her 90 ounce plusher than plush snow white nylon.... and every once in a while she talks me into this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRF4aSMrTJ0

The Boyfriend was once an avid biker and for those 20 years I've been ogling a Bridgestone XO4 hanging upside down in his garage. Far too small for me but a cult classic and would fit my 5'9 wife like a glove. I finally got him to let loose of it in exchange for deep discount off the lady friend's invoice..
40.jpg

Davis on the other hand did 4 jobs by himself and came home crabbin about his sore back and feet.

I need another tech.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
lol...anytime some dumbass ass dials me I hit record, speaker, and throw it on my desk. I got tired of listening to your blasphemy, leaky hoses, and willy wonka references........

FredC

Village Idiot
whats funny?

<iframe src="http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=zcar-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B004CRYE2C" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We actually had a pretty good day too. Had a real treacherous 50 mile run to my first job up real windy road. With the snow and ice on the twistys and hills, almost spun the van out into the woods and a lake, but luck and driving skills :rockon::icon_rolleyes: I kept the van-bulter on the road. Took an alternate route back to town. The 4 jobs I did by myself were great to see clients as well. The boys were set up on 6 townhouses that included doing LR-DR combos wall to wall, set of 14 steps in each, upstairs hallway and 2 bedroom open areas. Nice job that they were able to just set up once and drap hoses from place to place.

Best part was my wife and I had the chance to got to our YMCA fundraising event that we also donate to. We had some wine, a great meal and also were able to bid and win on some great fun items my wife has wanted. She got 2 hand made wooden trains as one of here purchases she has wanted for a long time. The entire event was fun and it was great to see so many of our friends and community members pulling together for this yearly fundraiser. They are also taking on another large expansion for the YMCA. You just feel real good seeing such great things in our small community! It was also fun to see my wife have so much fun winning her items and also have a great time socializing.

Today, we have a decent day of work and tomorrow (Sat) we have a large commercial job that is all hot water extraction. 2 vans and three of us will still take all morning or more. How can a person not feel good about having work.

Love the story Mikey. It would have been my kind of day meeting those people and the items you scored!

Hope everyone has a great day too!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
One a these days, i'll be a big boy like you guys.

Did an Edward Jones office at 4 only
, about 1100sq. Went home and re loaded for an hour ride coming up this am to BFE land. Saturday we have a hair salon late.

Love the stories guys : ) thank you : )

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
How much does it pay? 15 degrees this morning. I hate cleaning in this.

Ya, ya, I know it's colder in other places, but still!

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Mike you live in paradise - keep rubbing in it…

My techs won’t be coming back to the shop very happy today. It’s 35 mph winds, sleeting and wind chill is 7*. They’re running late already - windshields are covered in ice. It was 70+ degrees yesterday. Waiting for the pipes to start busting - it will be cold until early next week.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's no fun, but it's a good job. We were dual wanding for that six hours, so you can imagine how big the place is. We will finish today and tomorrow.

hydracat

My day started with my two back wheels coming off of my box truck. You can guess how it went from there. weren't we just talking about having a back up van?

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I went to my office collected all the money from the week, went to the bank and was home by 11. I love this business. LOL

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Richard I bet it sucks with a lot of your business being billed out to ins. companies and having to wait to collect or even worse trying to track them down to try and get paid. I guess you learn to budget and hope the checks come in on time

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You working on a roll of paid receipts from work you did a few weeks to a month ago. It all works fine until there is a hitch in the processing.

Even that is survivable, unless were up in the 10's of thousands then it doesn't take me too long to start whining and bitching. :winky:

We're fortunate to have a safety net but over the years even that has shrunken, so I try not to touch it unless I have no other option.

I love this business...I love this business.....I love this business....maybe if I keep saying it I can convince myself? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom