About the High Shear Kits From Joe B.

L

Lumber Jack

I want to say I have a WP 14" wand and I put a HS kit on it from Joe. The wand come stock with 4 jets. With the HSK it now has 5 jets one in the middle. I do believe that the HSK does work for better dry times, also I am getting better cleaning with my wand. The other day I did a jod with my Roto Vac, when I was done I wasn't happy withresults the next day I happen to get a call to do a house not to far away so I went back and checked it (rental house). I cleaned it with my HSK wand and the carpets looked awesome. This is the 3rd job the the wand has really impressed me.
The ability to adjust the spray is really handy its like haveing more than one wand. I have Pro chem 4 that I am going to put the kit on also.

Name
George Valliant
I'm a firm believer in high sheer ever since greenie turned me on to the Greenhorn.

I like to think that high sheer turns your wand into an oversized DriMaster upholstery tool.

Bob Foster

So would the idea be to point the jets more perpendicular to the carpets on something heavily soiled like a restaurant carpet?

Joe, can you please tell us how and where you would use the various angles of shears?

Joe Bristor

"Joe, can you please tell us how and where you would use the various angles of shears?"

I'm no expert, just following the trend from single jets a mile away to multijets closer to...
No secret, shooting straight down into nap results in deeper penetration, deeper cleaning, but also longer dry times, more chance of wicking. This was the way of the old style Classic wands (AW29, PMF 802, HOE, SW, etc) with 1, 2-jets, 2-6 inches off the carpet. Great for the shag of the day but…

As pile got shorter and denser we’ve seen heads go lower with more jets spaced closer. Angles have gone steeper too. Right?
Better heat, more even flow, broader, more consistent coverage, faster dry times, less wicking. All good.

Drag wands, jet enclosures, CFR (raised back lip), RDM, DM/DM2, GH, all attempt to provide smooth, even flow and less heat loss...the ‘sheeting action’ if you will of modern car washes.

Nothing new to you and this group…many went from classic soakers to the GH.
Well duh, you gotta like that.
45 degrees provided decent penetration, strike (where jets hit) set at the glide provided rapid recovery. All good.
But 45 is not deep penetration.

Most low profile wands are fixed in their angle, or rotated about an axis which totally screws up spray width upon rotation.

Put that spraybar on the perimeter of a circle (my ARC system) and set your strike where you want it (farther back for more penetration & dwell or closer to the slot/glide for less)… now rotate those jets and you have variable shear without changing your strike. Now you have degrees of freedom limited only by the wand’s head angle and position of the main tube.

For example, guys who had to swap their GH for their WP or classic 2-jet soaker for nasties can now just rotate along the ARC.
Both equipped with the ARC, the CMP14 has more freedom than the WP14 just cuz the main tube of he CMP14 is more out of the way.
You can mash that spraybar almost all the way up against the back wall of the head.
Now you’re into the 50s.
So you get deeper penetration for those deep, dirty, dense piles.

With other wands like the HOE, …
For me, I always liked that wand for its light weight, but I hated the heat loss.
Now it’s a low profile 4-jetter, with degrees of freedom I only dreamed of before.

Let’s help get the glides legal so you gliders get to experience what the non-gliders already know in these ARC kits.
Little differences like going from 45 to 55 degrees means all the difference.
35 to 65 is even more dramatic.
Set the strike then vary the angle, that’s where it’s at.
You’ll have more control in your cleaning. Experiment.

Joe Bristor

Drag wands, jet enclosures, CFR (raised back lip), RDM, DM/DM2, GH, oh yes ... and the Zipper ... all attempt to provide smooth, even flow and less heat loss...the ‘sheeting action’ if you will of modern car washes.

A

amazingcleansc

Joe Bristor said:
With other wands like the HOE, …
For me, I always liked that wand for its light weight, but I hated the heat loss.
Now it’s a low profile 4-jetter, with degrees of freedom I only dreamed of before.

actually isn't the hoe not so bad with heat loss because of the larger droplets?

hogjowl

Idiot™
When I read the reasoning for angled jets and "sheer", I can't help but think that we are sacrificing thorough cleaning for an easy solution to wicking. From my viewpoint, resorting to a sheered or angled jet wand is akin to switching to a low moisture method. The cleaner sacrifices deep cleaning for a system, or mechanical adjustment that limits moisture penetration and thus inadequate cleaning results. Visually the results are pleasing; however, the actual cleaning results are incomplete.

The solution to me is not to approach the problemm of drying times, overwetting and wicking issues from a standpoint of limiting moisture penetration. We should be concentrating on extraction optimization. Freeflow systems, adequate cfm/lift equations and vacuum velocity should be the building blocks of future design approaches. It takes heat, flow and chemical action to remove soild from carpet adequately in my opinion.

Joe Bristor

David,
Heat loss & droplet size are two different issues.
Do you have a HOE?
Wanna try turning it into a 4-jet then tell me which way you prefer?

Marty,
No arguement, suction is huge. So is heat.
Recall Im the one who helped you bump your #3 with that 2.5 hose? That's was over 3 years ago.
But way before that I'd been playting with jets - outa necessity.

My favorite testimonial is the one where I had to drive 2 hours for a new customer. She'd waited way too long, whole house light colored, dense monotone, cut-pile, two teenagers, husband, thankfully no pets. Took 2x as long as it shoulda cuz it was deep down dirty. HWE'd with my truckmount, 200F ATW, two airmovers moved with me all thru the job, just like I'd done for last 15 years. 2-jetter, angled 65 degrees up from horizontal. Turned out nice but I left knowing it would take another 10 hours to dry cuz of Seattle, cool and damp, and nobody helps me with dryout.
Anyways, in her testy she says '...turned out great, only took 3 days to dry.'
(She didn't emphasize days so I did)....'Three DAYS I asked?'
'Yep, but the last guy took SIX DAYS.'
I try to learn more from my mistakes.

I started relooking at my whole process. Eventually went to encap, but before that, the jets went down and angled to 50, then 40, then 35. I also got her on a schedule. Got dry times down to about 3 hours, pretty good for my #3 blower PC150.
I attributed it to getting her on a schedule #1, but #2 by not having to clean so deeply I was able to turn the jets.

I wouldn't go up against you Marty in that V, but if I did, I be using 35 degrees and you'd have to use my old 2-jetter shooting straight down. Actually, come on .... slops on me.

matt sheppard

my easy answer to deep cleaning carpet with rapid dry times is to scrub the crap out of it with my 175 and a carpet brush attachment before i rinse. i've got another one that attaches to my drill for stairs. remember our equation is Time-AGITATION-Chemistry-Temperature

just my thoughts anyway

Iseeru

Joe Bristor

You are right Matt.
I guess it's an old timers disease...the more you can do with a given tool, the fewer trips to the truck. ya know.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Joe,
I see you are offering a high shear kit for your Custom Carbon Fiber Wand. Can this kit be used on the Mytee Bently carbon fiber swivel model 12 inch?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom