Acid cleaner for grout

TimP

What brand are you guys using?

Stonetec, spinergy, this old grout, mixed rite, viper renew, prochem? How well do they work and at what dilutions.

Viper renew is a 1-1 product and is pretty costly rtu in my opinion, works well however. I've used the TOG stuff and it does ok, I tried mixed rite on one job but they put some mop-n-glow down or something I assume cause I didn't get bubbles so the jury is still out for me with it. Although it has a nice cherry smell to it.

I haven't tried the spinergy 2, stonetec and the prochem product.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I really like the monkey pad guys acid cleaner! It works fast! Seems like it requires less scrubbing then viper re.

Zee

TimP

I ordered some stonetech on monday. I should have it today or tomorrow along with the other stuff I have to have....

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Tim, you will like the stontech product. We retail the full line of stonetech products though we sell more of the maintenance products for our customers. Also we have had really good luck with the Masterblend stone and tile care products. They actually run quite a bit cheaper for the high pH as well as the acid based product. But they perform equally well. They have a nice neautralizer you can run through the TM as well. Something to consider.

BUSY BEE

Stone Pro Quickclean, it's hydrofloric acid, light scrubbing. I would advise not using it in a shower, I use Pro's Choice Phosphuric Acid for showers, it's not as harsh on the lungs in close areas.

TimP

After trying the mixed-rite acid cleaner again today I have to say that it is absolutely the worst acid tile cleaner that I've tried, but the best smelling (if you like the smell of cherry candy) if that counts for anything.

I've got the stonetech stuff at my office and need to get it on my truck for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom