Acid resistant coating for marble?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Is there anything actually effective for a bathroom countertop, that dies not require a fortune in training and a franchise?
My customer presented me with an etched countertop (every maid in Georgia KNOWS you clean with vinegar!) and while honing and polishing is a breeze, I do not know how to protect it from acidic spills or cleaners. Any suggestions?

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure, GlazeNseal Laquer, any sort of house paint or if you want it to still breath...

1578284167822.png

Todd Slamen

Name
Todd Slamen
Hone it, won't show etches as much. 120 resin, 220 resin and finish my counters with festool 150 220 sand paper so my customers can sand out small etches.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Hone it, won't show etches as much. 120 resin, 220 resin and finish my counters with festool 150 220 sand paper so my customers can sand out small etches.

Agreed, but they wanted the finish restored. Their maid used bleach or vinegar to clean the sinks; the overspray droplets were obvious. Also, the lady of the house managed to scratch up the counter with a can of hairspray. It all looks fine and they know what cleaner to use from now on.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Good question.
If polished... there is an add in one of my stone trade mags promoting a penatrant that stops acidic etching. But the website is in Italian and non functional.
You can apply finishing touch - thin layer that will guve window of opportunity
Otherwise it’s that $40 a sq ft coating stuff. Stu at MB has info on. Ceasar stone I think
option 3. Is plastic wrap...used mostly on commercial. Guy in Cali uses it .

bleach won’t hurt it....it’s the vinegar

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom