Acids, anything good in big box stores

latinguy2004

I don't know about acids but I've been using the Behr Concrete & Masonry Cleaner/Degreaser from Home Depot as my alk. cleaner and it has given me some pretty amazing results. So much so that I don't even have to use an acid anymore. It's only about $15 and makes 5-8 gallons RTU. I got it after someone from another board recommended it

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks Andres. I'll pick up a gallon. Just looked at their website and they also have one that is a degreaser/etcher all in one.

Albert

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've used the behr concrete cleaner(alki) and the etcher(acid), they are usually on the same shelf side by side in most HDs. The etcher runs around $19 for the gallon. Both seem to work well.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Try Zep shower & tile cleaner from Home Depot for under $10. If it’s really bad Zep makes a grout cleaner that is a very strong acid. You can save 75% by buying your alkaline and acid cleaners at the hardware store. I would stay away from most of the sealers and finishes they sell.

TimP

I had been using TOG easy etch. But it appears the price had went up some (still cheaper than renew per gallon), however the dilution ratio is better than Renew.

I see that Spinergy 2 is cheaper and has decent dilution ratios. Does anyone use spinergy 2? Also I have seen that Mixed Rite (john Olson sells it) may be reasonable in RTU form.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom