Add auto fill/dump to a portable

Lonny

Supportive Member
How would you go about adding auto fill and auto dump feature to a portable? I have never seen what the mechanisms looks like, I could see the auto fill being much like a toilet bowl tank, auto dump?

Mr.V

I think Ed at cross american has an auto fill/dump that adapts to most porties

Greenie

On some it wouldn't be too bad, other machines it might be a PITA.

How handy are you?

Probably $500-600 by the time you got all the plumbing done. At some point it'll be a reasonable transaction to sell your current machine, and buy a new machine with all that done (probably more powerfull too) and call it good.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
That being said Greenie, what portable would you recommend at this point? Heat is probably the least of my worries on a portable. Pressure, suck and the niceties of auto fill/dump are important to me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Greenie is right, unless you're handy and provided there is adequate room the components and wiring you're probably money ahead getting one already setup that way.

We've added sumps to convert portables to flood pumpers and after paying for the parts and labor I felt like my money would have been better spent buying a flood pumper. :wink:

Mr.V

I don't think Greenie will come out and say it but the porty he sells kicks a$$

Greenie

Oh there are quite a few good machines, I could probably name at least one from each of their lines, the US Prod. Solus is nice, the Mytee Speedster 1005DX , The KleenRite Edge too, I was just looking for a very balanced, very specific design when I approached Mytee to build my machine, it had to support truckmount tools, so big tanks, autofill, APO, and a BIG pressure pump were mandatory as well as a high cfm vacuum system...all on normal house amperage....oh and it had to be affordable, the idea of spending $5K on a portable seems nutso to me.

Greenie

Did ya hear that?

The sound of the door hittin' u in the ass after I booted ya.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Greenie said:
On some it wouldn't be too bad, other machines it might be a PITA.

How handy are you?

Probably $500-600 by the time you got all the plumbing done. At some point it'll be a reasonable transaction to sell your current machine, and buy a new machine with all that done (probably more powerfull too) and call it good.
I am reasonably so.
I am still going to be ahead just adding it I think...really need a better due diligence than 'I think' though. I just get tired of the stop, fill and dump crap, and can imagine how much more fun it is on T&G.

G

You can always add an external auto dump; install 1/4 level tank a screw in screen assembly(make sure you seal it good inside and out so it will be air tight) and attach self priming pump; you can hang it on the handle. But I have an edic; greenie is correct when you may be wanting to look into a more powerful porty; some are as strong as a small blower gas powered t/m and can do longer hose runs. I have an edic pro; it is now my new spotter machine.

Lonny

Supportive Member
How would it sense to start the auto dump process?
I got the one with dual high-pro 3 stage, suppose to have 210" of lift. I then added another 3 stage vac to it in parallel to the others. I am looking down there now thinking " I could fit another in" and put in in series with the last one I installed. 4 3 stage vacs should be purty good. Of course that would make it a 3 cord machine with no heat involved. :mrgreen:

G

That sounds like a good plan; However if you are gonna do and invest that much into your present porty; upgrade your internal plumbing to vacuum tank and all applicable hose to vac motors to 2 inch. That way you maximize your cfm; also change vacuum hose inlet connection to 2 in; switch to 2 inch vacuum hose.

Mount your motors in paralell vice series you should be able to leave unit in the van and do 100 foot or more hose runs.

Auto dump/fill would be great if you set this system up this way; also if you have an injection sprayer you can adapt it to auto fill and use this to auto rinse solution if you use it.

This would open up you to truck mount your system for most jobs using a generator.

As far as heat; you may wanna go propane; if you have a 500 psi pump. that way you can afford to use a looping extra 50 of solution hose.

So see these options could work for ya; or do an upgrade to a more powerful porty; in that case I would recommend a Recoil 3 XPS 500 psi machine.

I hope this was helpful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom