Add fans

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
If you have a 7000 HAT Vortex, I would strongly recommend adding two more SRAL Fans to the cover. The blower being enclosed, traps the heat on the blower. Adding the fans drops the core temp on the blower without sacrificing heat for the unit.
100_1589.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
looks good.........I was telling some guys to put them down on the sides in opposite corners to keep the air moving around circulating threw out the whole chamber..that way it it also not in your way when you remover the cover......

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jim, I felt that putting the fans up top would pull cooler air up through the blower. Tomorrow I am going to measure the temp coming out of the fans, they will about burn your skin if the truck has been running for a while.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I knew it would be hot in that box but I never figured it would of been that hot.......

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Ron where is the air that fans are pulling coming from?

In other words to me it looks like a neg pressure but don't see where the supply is going in?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
from what I under stood it does not have a supply..the fans just draw the heat out.......that's why I figured putting 2 on the opposite corners and having them push air in and create a circulation around the blower and then the top fan could pull the air......I don't think those fans are big enough to hurt the heat....but I don't see them lasting that long with the heat that Ron says they are pulling out....

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Michael, The blower sits on a cradle that is mounted to the frame of the truck. There is a hole cut in the floor that is probably 30" by 30". You can look down and see the ground, so it is wide open under the cover.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so you can only see the ground where the belts go threw..??

what about the other end of the blower...is it in-cased under that box with no opening to help draw anything......??

how much heat is generated under the truck where the fan is pulling its air from....is it just drawing in more heat off the assault... ???

Did you get a reading on the air temp coming off each fan.......

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jim, I will take a picture tomorrow. The silencer is directly under the blower, so there is a big opening in the floor.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Here are the pictures I said I would post last night. As you can see the blower sits on top of the silencer inside the cradle.
100_1591.jpg
100_1592.jpg
100_1594.jpg
100_1596.jpg
100_1600.jpg
100_1601.jpg
100_1602.jpg

There is plenty of room to pull fresh air up thru the blower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom