Adding a sewer cleanout

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Odd question to ask in cc board but oh well. Wife is tired of me dumping waste water in the lawn. I want to t from the sewer line and put some kind of box/trap about 10' from the tee. Anyone have a recommendation for what kind of box I can use. I'd like something with a filter basket as I do not use one on the waste tank anymore. It's getting dug up next week and hoping it's abs.

thanks,
Albert

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Our company added a sewer trap with a a concrete basin and filter on top. About 24" wide concrete with a mesh lint filter on top and sloping down to the clean out.

We had some photos made and got some publicity of our remodeling to benefit the environment, etc.

Scott Warrington

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am picking up permits today for a addition that we are putting on the house...........

If you give me about a week I will get you some pictures
Because I have to move mine and reset it so it is not under the new slab.....
that way you will have a first hand look at how it is supposed to be.........

G

Got Fergusons and see somebody in plumbing sales. THere are a number of strainers that will fit into a cleanout riser to suit your needs. Better this than trying to cobble something together from home depot.

Bob Foster

If you want to put in an interceptor (often referred to as a trap) then unless you make it the right size it will be slow draining your truck. Because of the speed that most people want to dump you need a fairly big interceptor and I don't think you need it.

Instead use a metal filter adn drop in on the end of a clean-out.

Take the clean-out and put a 45 on it to make a opening on the top of it and then put an expansion fitting on it to bring it out to 4 inches or more. Drop the filter into the pipe and then stuff the 2 inch hose into the pipe.

Make the 4 or 6 inch pipe only tall enough so that you can still grab the top of the filter basket.
Drain.jpg

filter.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom