Adic wash before Color Sealing.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm gonna ask Steve here why his company, Grout Prefect, says an acid treatment is not necessary before applying their color seal...

For how many years have your customers been doing it this way?

CapeCleaner

Re: Adic wsh before Color Sealing.

I don't acid wash (Adic wsh) before color sealing with GP and have not had any problems.

I've got a small job coming up where I'm going to try a color seal other than GP that recommends an acid wash before applying the product. I've been waiting for a small job like this because I'm not sure if I'm going to rely solely on my SX to completely rinse the acid cleaning solution or add a quick neutralizing step. I didn't want to adding an additional step in the process on a larger job.

TimP

Re: Adic wsh before Color Sealing.

If you want to do acid last step turn down your pressure and add some emulsifier to your mix tank and rinse with that. It wont leave residue and it will give you a good and happy feel. I did one Wed with my greenhorn cause it was only a bathroom and well I left my 1.5" hose at the house on accident so I couldn't use my spinner.

SJA

Sorry for delay in responce. I have been ColorSealing without acid washing for about 10 years. It is ok if you do but we do not require it as a step to apply color. The main thing is that the floor is clean and free of any waxes or sealers.

Mikey P

Administrator
"Sealers" as in Topical or as in Penetrative?

In other words, will a well formulated penetrative like Sure Seal or Dry Treat that was applied lets say 4 years ago, keep your product from doing it's job?

We did a nice counter top today that I was a bit nervous about. This lady thought her grout was filthy and disgusting and she spends a half hour each morning bleaching and scrubbing away.

I wanted to make sure the GP stays on so we Oxy Blasted it, Acid wash AND stripped it to make sure to get off the topical grout sealer she put on years ago.

SJA

Topical coatings are a problem for sure. Penetrating products that have been applied years ago should not be a problem as long as you prep with stripper. If you do a demo and it holds you will be ok

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom