Adjusted my angle....

Chris A

Name
Chris
on my Greenhorn, it had moved from banging around in the truck. Spray was hitting 3/8" up the glide! Back to a 50/50 split, much better drying. Check them Greenhorns boys!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've always had my jets pointed at an angle right behind the slot on my POS CASTEX 16 inch wand.

It's taken a couple decades for some of you guys to catch on.

:lol:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Please explain why you would want the spray to hit the glide instead of the carpet. Mine are not adjustable but I would still like to understand the reason. I can see that the carpet would dry faster because part of the spray would get vac straight into the wand. That would seem to defeat the purpose of the water going through the carpet.

Gene

Mr.V

Greenie sets up his wands with high flow (big jets) so there is plenty of water flushing the carpet :D

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
GeneMiller said:
Please explain why you would want the spray to hit the glide instead of the carpet. Mine are not adjustable but I would still like to understand the reason. I can see that the carpet would dry faster because part of the spray would get vac straight into the wand. That would seem to defeat the purpose of the water going through the carpet.

Gene

Raising the strike on the glide can reduce streaking. Solution still goes through the carpet on the backstroke. (I think?)

Greenie? Lisa?

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

G

GeneMiller said:

Gene

great question and even greater observation .

R

R W

I have a PC Ti wand, with GG extenders and higher flow jets, and both hybrid and slotted glides. The jets hit right on the glide, and kind of flow over and around and flush the carpet. It doesn't help on spots that you want to hit hard, though.

G

GeneMiller said:

Gene
Gene,the hitting the glide is what Jeff calls skimming(with Mikey it is taking your 5 bucks)if you were to use high flow without "skimming"you would be soaking the hell out of the carpet and backing, even with a large blower you could not recover enough water for good dry times.It allows you to use a lot water to flush without penitrating to fast,the only thing that it lacks(maybe)is the aggitation you get from direct impact without skimming.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
GeneMiller said:

Gene

hi Gene,

the ideal is to have the spray strike at the carpet/glide interface on CGD. This allows for fastest dry, good jet agitation and elinminates streaking issues which can be a problem on some wands....however not all wands (in fact very few) can be adjusted. If the spray hits too far up the glide you lose flush and impact. And in the wands where this is an issue (Westpak 14", Steamway, AMF 14") we make jet spacer kits to bring the jets away from the glide.

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Cooper has hired monkeys doing his cleaning.

Hired monkeys do not take 175 machines out of trucks to pre scrub with.

Let alone a carpet rake.

Or for that matter, using his furry chimp feet to agitate with.

Hacks hate skimming, they much prefer the blasting of the jets.

and lots of emulsifier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom