Adjuster Has Lost His Mind

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
A pipe above the water heater busted and sprayed water down walls for many hours from 8' down. The water went into the living room and severely flooded the garage.

The adjuster says that in 11 years and 2000 claims he has never seen a dehumidifier in the garage. He wants me to take it out and states that he won't pay.

He also says that injecti-dry/octidry does not work and I need to take it out of the living room because he's not paying for that either.

I asked him if he was familiar with psychrometrics and such. I asked if he took moisture readings and if he wanted me to dry the place or just blow some air around.

He claimed that I need one air mover per 400sqft of room space.

WTH?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
you will get this occasionally, recently I had a travelers adjuster show up on one of my jobs and talk all kinds of shit, he had been to a water class and knew just enough to think he knew everything. he told me I didn't need this or that, the funny thing is he showed up on day 5 and pulled the plug on all the equipment. the customer calls me and said the adjuster was mad at some of the work I did and shut the equipment off. he didn't bother to moisture test anything. there still a couple wet areas. if your local and have worked with travelers this guys initials are JP.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We have Safeco on some rentals. Had a vandalism loss. New carpet and pad, paint about 2/3rds of the walls, sheetrock repair, new garage door, new exterior door and jamb, and some msic. stuff. His bid was $1,700.00. I am sending mine in today for about $9,000.00. He said in a condesending tone "Now Mr. Paulsen, this amount is not set in stone." I said well thats good to know.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom