Adrian Steel or American Van Which is better.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I had the Adrian Steel 3 shelves kit(2 over the wheel well and one up front on the left), plus the partition. They are great shelves but I felt they were just too heavy. I took them out and in the process of obtaining the Mytee shelves. I sold my shelves the same day I put on Craigslist.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bill, Thanks for the response.
I guess in some way it is an endorsement for me, as I'd rather take heavy and sturdy over light.

Not saying anything bad about Mytee's shelves just that the steel ones will better accommodate my needs.

Also Bill, how do you like the Myte's shelves? I need some of these.
I was kind of concerned about stacking them up (say you put 3 or 4) and them collapsing (or developing a bend) from the accumulated weight of the chemicals.
How many do you have stacked?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Lee Stockwell said:
"Just too heavy"....you can't win sometimes.

lol, I guess they're not made in China yet....

They work well for guys in the HVAC business and Electricians. Those guys carry a ton of equipment and need the space in those shelves, I personally felt they were very heavy for carrying the things I needed in there, mostly chem jugs, misc items, nothing heavy. I'm all about space and weight savings. If I can shave weight down, I'm all ears. The ones I'm going with only weigh 30-45 lbs, vs the AS were 90-100lbs and the Jumbo is almost 200.

I think they're great shelves, used mine for a few years, just not for my needs anymore.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
kolfer1 said:
Bill, Thanks for the response.
I guess in some way it is an endorsement for me, as I'd rather take heavy and sturdy over light.

Not saying anything bad about Mytee's shelves just that the steel ones will better accommodate my needs.

Also Bill, how do you like the Myte's shelves? I need some of these.
I was kind of concerned about stacking them up (say you put 3 or 4) and them collapsing (or developing a bend) from the accumulated weight of the chemicals.
How many do you have stacked?

I haven't obtained the Mytee ones yet, so I can't speak from personal experience. But I know they are steady and Mytee wouldn't sell them if they didn't hold up.

Rotomolded polyethylene is very durable, it can expand but won't bend, it's also resistant to cold and high temps. My plan is to have 2-4 stacks up, you can get the feet and side hinges, so they won't collapse. Carrying too much chem jugs became a hassle, I started leaving chems that I only used in less quantities, instead of 1 gallon jugs, I'll use 32 oz quart bottles, I leave my main pre spray in the 1 gallon jug, spotters are 8-16 oz instead of 32 and a gallon depending on usage. I restock whatever I need once a week, this has worked out nice, since the van is much cleaner, and have way less crap in there that I may not use everyday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom