Advantage Wonder Cleaner

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Has anyone ever tried this stuff? I was at home depot the other day and they were displaying a bottle of stain remover for carpets that advertised being able to get out any stain etc etc. I bought a bottle, took it back to our shop and took a black sharpie marker to the carpet. Let it sit for 10 minutes - came back with our company give away spotter and tried to remove it with no success. Then sprayed on this product from home depot and it just melted the ink and wiped away clean. No residue feeling either.... Pretty crazy stuff!

Made me think of the Advantage Wonder Cleaner though. Anyone tried this stuff??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Your give away is most likely water based spotter and as you found will have little success with solvent based spots.

In my opinion solvents/Glycols/Ethers are risky for a homeowner to have in their hands. It dries the skin, can damage backings, finish on floors, cloud some plastic and don't evaporate fast so the odor can linger.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have a client that their former cleaner (from a well known company for which some of you worked for) left them a wet (pig) solvent "gift" to remove stains.
Now, that's a full service company!

You should have seen the disaster zone.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:eekk:

The active ingredient in Advanage is called 2-Butoxyethanol. This chemical is non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, does not build up in or harm groundwater, soil, etc, and is a very good dirt and grease remover. Also will polish brass (with a little elbow grease), and clean up a lot of other messes with various amounts of elbow grease.

Advanage also contains a couple of other ingredients (sodium metasilicate and d'limonene) which are fairly common and you can research them online for more information.

Advanage is extremely overpriced, and there are a number of other cleaners out there that are also based on 2-Butoxyethanol that are MUCH cheaper. You can find them at dollar stores, Walmart, etc.

Reactions: Donwand

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Awesome cleaner at the dollar store is the bomb
I used some to clean big truck interior amazing
Now I don't think I would use. It a customers home
Takes spider crap off of. My boat pretty good also
Good around cleaner
La awesome cleaner is what it looks like

Latest posts