Advice on White Carpets

ErikG

Can you guys help or advice on whites . I have a Jon Don by me and use lil extra Matrix fiber rinse when doing whites and alot of dry passes so thers no browning. Any tricks or am i cleaning it wrong?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Well 2 things pop in,run your rinse somewhat lower,use a great prespray,but only apply heavy where need be,agitate well.Preferably brush,white might show fraying .If a machine is utilized,if you also use a machine for pre spray agitation,then prespray will penetrate deeper.Causing possible resoiling and or wicking,etc...

Extra vacuum passes,above and beyond what you normally do.Force dry all very well,air mover,air path type,or even a patton fan.With the fan adjust the arcto shear the boundary layers of moisture.Then also at heaviest areas an or entrance where you end .Face down,last item removed for longest drying effects...

Avoid agents that might resoil as in heavy citrus products improperly rinsed out ...

Also if possible post pad,if need be...

TimP

Are you having problems with browning?? Why are you using extra fiber rinse on whites?

What are your procedures for cleaning, what do you use. What equipment do you run....TM, wand, flow, chems, psi etc. It's hard to tell you if you're doing something wrong if we don't know what you're doing. Whites are nothing special really....it might not be a bad idea to use some extra O2 on them as in (percarbonate or 30 vol peroxide) to help whiten them. But other than that as long as your rinsing your detergents out you're doing your job.....

ErikG

I had a condo that has lots of browning . When i went back I coulnt believe it. My c/c friend told me to use alot all fiber rinse it worked but I know it wasnt the wright way. Also I had Cheap porty with two much hose for it. WHen I recleaned I just used 25 ft of hose with lots of dry passes. This Was awile back , I just really stay away from white,but it does look lil dirty after cleaning. I have alot stronger porty now and sucks up alot more water now. I wasnt using o2 then , I just wasnt educated then I was A Hack.... I am no trying to correct myself and be a better cleaner. Next Monday and tues Bill Yates Is doing a certification seminar at Jon Don. So Guys Im trying educate and dablle and experiment now. Im doing Part time cleanings now and looking forward in march to be full blown.

TimP

I don't think what you experienced was browning....it was resoil. It was from leaving detergent on the carpet from incomplete rinsing....the acid rinse helped by kind of canceling out the cleaning ability of the detergent or possibly helped with the extraction some. But anyways in my experience white don't just brown from a lack of an acid rinse. Cottons do however....

Anyways when you can you need to step up to a truck mount....being in the biz 2 years you should be able to swing it by now. At least a used one.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I agree that it's wicking vs browning. If it's happening with the whites it's happening with other colors. When any color dries and dirt wicks it looks dingy not as bright as when just cleaned. Fast dry times prevent wicking. Post padding once it's had some time to wick also helps. Big loopy cotton bonnets.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom