Adwords... Duh

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Looked at my stats yesterday for adwords, they were very lame. Raised my daily budget and VOILA they were drastically improved. Booked 2 jobs yesterday for a whopping cost of $11.31

Raising my budget changed the position from an average of 6 to 1.7

I assume that means I was shown at the top because I was willing to pay more.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The more money you spend the higher you can get...to a certain extent. But you still have to have relevant content and keywords.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Mikey P said:
Can you give me a quick run down of what where and how Ad Words can help a carpet cleaning biz?

Not a qualified opinion. What I know is when I increase adwords spending, even though I am listed in the top 3 of the google map and am usually the 1st organic listing as well, contacts from the website and internet bookings improve.

Why? Maybe seeing the company name 3 times in a row, on the top of each section, helps....

A

amazingcleansc

ACE said:
Is everyone else getting 3-4 calls a day from Adwords resellers? :x

yeah that bullshit must work really well. I've started being less nice to them.

This is the one I had today.

them:"I work for blah blah and we can guarantee you a spot on the top of Google."

me:"Not interested, I'm doing just fine."

them:"Mr Moye, I have a search right here in front of me where you are on the 14th page."

me:"of what?"

them:"google"

me:"Well, it sounds like you must have looked up something besides carpet cleaning. Have a nice day"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not too mention when you are on Adwords your ads goes more places than just Google...it hits all of the Google affiliates ...and there are thousands of them of course.....I believe their is a button on the Adwords setup for this.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
amazingcleansc said:
ACE said:
Is everyone else getting 3-4 calls a day from Adwords resellers? :x

yeah that bullshit must work really well. I've started being less nice to them.

This is the one I had today.

them:"I work for blah blah and we can guarantee you a spot on the top of Google."

me:"Not interested, I'm doing just fine."

them:"Mr Moye, I have a search right here in front of me where you are on the 14th page."

me:"of what?"

them:"google"

me:"Well, it sounds like you must have looked up something besides carpet cleaning. Have a nice day"

Looked like your site was on the bottom of page 2 for me. But , your map listing was in first position. I couldn't figure out why you are on the top of maps with only one review and no weblinks.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
So Dave, tell me how you manage to get customers to bother with going to Google to give you reviews?

I had 6 or 7 that promised to leave a review and got nothing....

Ryan

rhino1 said:
So Dave, tell me how you manage to get customers to bother with going to Google to give you reviews?

Tell 'em you will mail a 15% off coupon to their address when you see the review. Cost you a little bit, but the coupon means they will remember to use you next time and you get a review out of it.

Dang.. I think I'll make a ride-a-long DVD. $150 sound good guys? $49 Cheaper then Robs and I don't clean empty houses all day. :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've dropped the ball on reviews for Google.

I've recently sent out some emails with a link to the review area. Make it as easy as possible for them to do it.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
rhino1 said:

You just have to keep workin it. I got many promises as well with few results. I then offered a customer $20 off the invoice, walked her to her puter, found her the link, and let her leave the review b4 I left. I bought the dang review. (a dang good review!)

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?r...cal_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQnQIwAA

I tryed to sign up for adwords, I have a cupon for $100 free. They do not take discover card. I am a bit cautious adout giving them my bank account info.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
rhino1 said:

They are hard to get. More than 10 say they will do it for every review.

I leave a tent card with after care instructions, referral system and guarantee that also has instruction on how to leave a review on Google at every job.

I've to stand behind and assist a few customers while they leave a review.

Just be consistant. It is worth the effort.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom