After 4 months I did my own job

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I know the title sounds nuts...

I have worked with a freind for several years and learned tons. He and I were both in the franchised janitorial business. I still remain.

To recap.. I bought a 2009 Chevy 3500 with a Bruin II in it. It was a repo, low miles (19K) and low hours (1112) and I was able to get it for around 14K with a clear title search. I was in the process of expanding my business.

The dealer did some shady things in the week after I bought the vehicle waiting for delivery. They swore over and over it was stored in their heated facility of which it was not. I verified it was in operating order when I bought it, but the unit froze shortly after. After getting here I called and complained. The folks at Fowlerville Ford, Michigan, tried to tell me I was buying a van, and they had no interest in the TM (they advertised a well conditioned rig) which left me having to spend the last four months getting my hands dirty.

My catalytic HX was ruptured. My chemical feed pump was cracked as well as the lines to it. The accumulator leaks. The list goes on and on.

After 3100.00 in repairs and a ton of time I did my first job today. I never had the unit out working aside of at my place. I had everything go as I hoped with good heat, suction, and everything working as intended. After getting valuable information from here, playing with a few chems here and there, and an overwhelming amount of opportunity for work... I can say I am grateful.

I still don't have a real clue what I am doing :mrgreen:

lance

Congratulations Ross. I bet it is very satisfying to have the TM up and running.

Give us some details about the wand you use, are you using 2.5 inch hose, are you happy about the van layout, etc. etc.

Happy Easter.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man what a bunch of jerks..i would have been pretty upset with that...
but good for you in getting her rebuilt and running. much success to you
dave

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
davegill said:
man what a bunch of jerks..i would have been pretty upset with that...
but good for you in getting her rebuilt and running. much success to you
dave

Yes, good for you Ross. You did exactly what needed to be done to get your business going. Don't let anything stand in your way. Obviously these criminals must pay for that injustice and you will have to plot your revenge, but in the meantime just focus on what you need to do to grow your business.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Congrats. on getting it done! Hope it all works out. post pics.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Wow, your off to a rough start. I would think about filing a lawsuit if i were you. The Busy season is here and you have a nice setup you should have a good year.

I started out with a Jani-king franchise so, I know where your coming from. Take my advice and get out of that franchise first chance you get.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Thanks all!!

My unit came with 300 ft of suction and solution line, reels, and waste tank. In addition to a broken machine my funds were limited to work with.

I talked to a few vendors here via PM's, and eventually went with Cobb's titanium wand. My only use of a wand was an old Prochem 11" tri-jet that a freind of mine has used since day one. After being used to the only wand I ever really used, the one from Cobb was pretty nice. I am sure there's many out there better... but again I was limited with what I could spend.

I have to use a garden hose connection for the time being. I'm not fond of it to be honest. My freind's Bruin had his bypass run and loop back to his fresh water tank. It seems if I sit longer than a minute or two I am shooting my water back to the waste tank. My waste tank shutoff float broke off (among all other things it did recently) so I really need to watch what I am doing, especially if the bypass is kicking overheated water back into the waste tank. I imagine I have a bad solenoid, but once again, I need to start recooperating some revenue here 8)

I am using dry slurry and ultra-pac alone. I read as much as I can here about presprays and emulcifiers when I can. So far it's working (I did my house today and was impressed at least). Sooner than later I am going to get some spotting chems and other stuff... The list is long and the wallet again is empty...lol.

I'll get some pics up soon. Cosmetic wise I didn't have the time to finish the panel off. It's rather oxidized. The truck itself is wonderful, and more or less new as far as that goes.

I am hoping by the end of this year I'll have the extras I need. At this time I am stuck doing commercial work, which I have plently of if I need it.

P

Phoenix Phil

Keep looking ahead and keep handing out cards and talking to people about what you do. Take before and after photos you can use them to help sell you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom