Aftermarket filter box

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Well, with winter coming soon, I generally take winter to do all my tweaking, and what not.

So, I think its time to Kunkle this 470, get the 2.5 hose, greenhorn wand, and I want to get a filter box. I am so sick and tired of getting in that tank every morning for the filters. Even when I prevac good, the thing looks like crap on fuzzy jobs. I like how prochem 650 has the box on the side of the machine. I was thinking if I could do that, it would be perfect.

So, who makes the best aftermarket filter box and can they be had in 2.5?...or only 2"?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kevin;

We have built several SS 2.5" models of them.

The higher airflow of #5 and up blowers create more difficulty in the airflow design.

I did see a new stainless one at the Connections show.

Larry

Greenie

Butler Prochem and White Magic do not make a filter box for 2.5" hose.

You would first have to put 2.5" hose on your machine before justifying a 2.5 filterbox.

An important detail as Larry pointed out is airflow with bigger blowers, I would also add you want sufficent filtering media, a small compact box is out of the question, so you should allocate some space for the box.

I did once see a Steam Way filter box with 2.5 on both sides, but I don't think it was a production item.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me so we can purchase one and give it a whirl.

Name
Jesse
wm 2.5" filter box convesion

The w/m filter box is 3" in and 3" out, it can easily be made to run a single 2.5". It's 3" to 2.5 slip connectors for what looks like fire hose. The thick 2.5 slip nipple can be replaced with a thin 2.5 from green glides. If you want pics pm me your email address.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I've got an awesome, low restriction, self-cleaning filter box in my head, but getting the machinists and welder to put some priority on it is like pulling teeth. They love the production work, but hate the prototyping....

Take care,
Lisa

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Greenie said:
Butler Prochem and White Magic do not make a filter box for 2.5" hose.

You would first have to put 2.5" hose on your machine before justifying a 2.5 filterbox.

An important detail as Larry pointed out is airflow with bigger blowers, I would also add you want sufficent filtering media, a small compact box is out of the question, so you should allocate some space for the box.

I did once see a Steam Way filter box with 2.5 on both sides, but I don't think it was a production item.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me so we can purchase one and give it a whirl.

Well, I want to switch to 2.5 inch hose, for at least 100 feet, but I don't want have 2" hose going to a box thats running 2.5 know what I mean?

Greenie

Jess E,
I have a WM filterbox in my shop, I could probably convert the 3 port 2" jobber to a single 2.5, but I was looking at the design and airflow, and I'm thinking it could be a lot better, and you would want it to be better for obvious reasons. Can you get your 3 port jobber cap off? The one i have here looks seized...lol

R

R W

Jeff....I need a nice filter box....2.5 would be good.....easy to access and clean. 2 inch into 2.5 wouldn't make any difference.

Name
Jesse
Mine comes off pretty easy, but I bought it a year ago. I agree the airflow design could be better. With the cfms I'm working with it does flow enough that if I pull the hose to the box the hg's hardly fall so restriction isn't that big. I'm thinking about pulling the box since we run filter less 95% of the time. I'll sell my new box on here and give away the other 2 older units in my p2000. Probably going to do that soon,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom