Air Duct Cleaning.

Ryan

Who does it?

Who used to do it, and why did you stop?

Equipment preference?

How many jobs do you do in a week?

Can I get training somewhere?

I'm studying up for my HVAC license, and as soon as I get certified I'm going to start doing it. I kinda like that you have to be HVAC certified in Arkansas to clean ducts, maybe there will be less low balling hacks.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I do it, its much more profitable than carpet cleaning. I use rotobrush and abatement right now.. I'm looking into a truckmount for it soon! It's also good to get into mold remediation with duct cleaning as well!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I was tempeted to get into duct cleaning but saw it as a distraction. However, I often had to sub out duct cleaning on fire restoration jobs, puff-backs and such. So eventually I learned duct cleaning and bought some equipment.

Can't say I loved it or even promoted it. Just tokk the puff back calls when they came. Maybe 5 or 6 per year.

I now have access to a Ram Air system and have done a few (not for profit, but to learn the system or help out friends). For many istautions I liked it better than the more expensive stuff I had in the past.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Jump into with both feet...ADC is very profitable, much more so than carpet cleaning. Tomorrow we have 4 ADC jobs and 4 carpet cleaning jobs, the ADC truck will make more money with less overhead.

R

rotovacguy

rhino1 said:
Jump into with both feet...ADC is very profitable, much more so than carpet cleaning. Tomorrow we have 4 ADC jobs and 4 carpet cleaning jobs, the ADC truck will make more money with less overhead.

Agreed.

Plus no such thing as wicking, no water issues to deal with, and even the pickiest customers are pleased. After all, who sticks their head into the ducts to inspect the work?

Also when the cold weather comes along, it makes up for the slow times when nobody is having their carpets cleaned.

John Buxton

I did it from 93 to 2003, went to the very first Unsmoke duct cleaning class with Cliff teaching. Started with a porty and a compressor in a trailer and did that for years till I got a deal on a repo truckmount. Biggest job was $37,000, and was a piece of cake. It seemed like when carpet cleaning dropped off, duct cleaning picked up. If you can get HVAC, fire, mold, companies to use and refer you, or if you have a big custy base you should do well.

I sold it because when I started there were only 4 of us in the yellow pages, by the time I sold it everyone was doing it including all of my previous customers so I sold the truck to one of my HVAC companies for twice what I bought it for. I miss the money but not the work, hope you like attics and crawl spaces.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I don't like attics or crawlspaces, but there's enough money there to hire guys that don't mind them.

Ryan

Give me an attic or crawl space over dog poo any day.

John Buxton

dont forgets spiders, mice, rats, and an occasional snake in the crawl. Oh and you think it's hot outside wait till you spend an hour in the attic at 90 it will be 120 in the attic. Oh yea... hire guys to do it, good luck.

Ryan

I live in tornado country every house has a basement. Usually the Heating/Air system is located in the basement and the vents run off of that. While I'm sure I would run into those situations in some homes, most of them around here should be fairly easy.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
John Buxton said:
dont forgets spiders, mice, rats, and an occasional snake in the crawl. Oh and you think it's hot outside wait till you spend an hour in the attic at 90 it will be 120 in the attic. Oh yea... hire guys to do it, good luck.

Oh, did I forget that there was actually some work involved? I guess I'm just not as delicate as some people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom