air movers in bulk

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
If you plan on using the air movers for flood work, The first thing to look at is the amperage draw the fan has. Most 3,000-3500 cfm airmovers draw 10-12 amps EACH, so in order to place 4 in a room you will need a 50 amp circuit at least! ( don't forget 80% rule). That is just for 1 room, 3 or 4 room floods would require hooking directly into the houses main breaker box (and an electrician to do this) or bringing a generator on site at a great additional cost per day that no one will want to pay for.

Jon Don sells their 4.8 amp draw temptest air movers for 149.99
buy 30 only 145.94 each or buy 100 + for 139.94 each.

However even with these 4.8 amp draw airmovers you need a 25 amp circuit to run just 4 using the 80% rule to avoid burning down any homes.
We find that using a combination of both the typical centrifugal airmovers and the newer style Axial fans which draw 2-2.5 amps each allows us to dry without any risks (staying within the 80%) and for the most part without any auxiliary power source.
When you do the math for the airmovers... don't forget to factor in the dehumidifier power consumption as well.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Dri eaz 4 amp daisy chain I believe you are talking about is the Sahara Pro X3. While these are excellent products, how many can you run in 1 room? A 15 amp circuit following the 80% rule gives you a max. of 12 usable amps( 3 fans). A 20 amp circuit gives you 16 usable amps (4 fans)and you are taught to place 1 fan every 10-12 ft., so if the room is 16X18 how many fans will it take? !s their enough power to run all the fans necessary to dry this room?
The lower amp axial fans made by Dri Eaz and others have made it possible to dry out most larger water losses without the need for either a fuse box tap or an auxiliary generator. By simply using 1 or 2 axial fans per room we greatly reduce power draw.
Dri Eaz has 2 low amp fans, the Jet CVX draws 1.5, 2.0 or 3.0 amps depending on speed selected.
Dri Eaz Ace draws 1.5 amps.
The Phoenix axial fans we use draw 2.5 amps on high are also daisy chain and GFI and we love them.

Just trying to help... even though the axial fans are more money, they make one of the most difficult parts of a dry out (adequate power) a lot less difficult IMHO
I thought I should mention it before you bought all of 1 type and found that you would have been better served to buy some of each type.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
don't buy anything mytee, if you do know its a mytee POS, I like the phoenix axials the best, the orignal snail type air movers are a thing of the past, they draw too much power and blow half as much as the phoenix axials.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
The Phoenix and Dri Eaz axial fans are more than twice the price of the conventional airmovers, that is why I mentioned a mix... you get most of the power savings while still using the older style fans you already have as well.
Just buying 25 of the Dri Eaz or Phoenix axial fans will set you back over $10,000.00 which is not chump change.

IMHO

Steve g : I owned 30 Mytee airmovers for a few years, and only had 1 stop working. They are not the highest output, but they are low amp draw and made me money!

Steve Lillard: If your profit margin was 25% on your cleaning, you would have to clean 1,600 rooms of carpet to buy just 25 axial fans. So you can see new is not always the way to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom