Air path question

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
is one better then the other or are they pretty much the same animal.........

the black one don't look like it has locking casters...
if you are trying to dry tile or CGD will it move around

images.jpg

45fd58e9-879a-478f-906a-f55bed6df6e.jpg

Jimbo

I have one new blue fan...and the original Studebaker black fan. I like the original one better...it has a lower speed than the blue one. The blue one is easier to carry because of the orientation of the handle, yet lacks any good way to fasten the cord to it for transit. Blue one's lower grill is beefier...but the original seems to put out more air...I dislike the locking wheels on the blue one...I want it to roll around easily.- Jim

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So the new air path only has one speed. I like the lower speed for smaller rooms and when the customer tries to talk to you.

Jimbo

New has two speeds...but it is not as slow as the Original...all in all the new blue one is really nice...and looks better too...I just need to add some way of storing the cord on it.- Jim

Rex Tyus

the black one don't look like it has locking casters...
if you are trying to dry tile or CGD will it move around

Have not had an issue on CGD but it can move a bit on hard surfaces.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim you wrap the cord around the "legs" that are sticking up. I'm at home sick or I would take a picture for you but your smart you'll figure it out. Grab the cord and start winding around the only things that make sense. Any questions call the office and Angela can send you a picture :)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doing some more searching and research I noticed the older black style is a 100 more then the newer blue style...........

so it would make it about $500 for the blue one and about $600 for the black one.........?????????

are they worth the price difference ??

Rex Tyus

so it would make it about $500 for the blue one and about $600 for the black one.........?????????

For my opinion refer to your "Mytee Fan question...." thread.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Jim -

Only have 2 black ones. It will move a bit on high on the tile surfaces but you can either place the wheels in the grout lines or have the cord lay next to 2 wheels and it will stop it from moving. Not a problem at all.

These will flat out dry some grout quickly!! Helps you make sure that you got all the stains out if there were some stubborn ones.

bc

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Martin said:
Doing some more searching and research I noticed the older black style is a 100 more then the newer blue style...........

The roto molded one is the only one you want to buy they are 499 and the other one is 599. Dri-Eaz made a terrible marketing decision in how they released the airpath. if they where going to come out with the new roto-molded one in the same year as the first one it should have cost more.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
one main difference between the two AP shown is that the new blue one can be set on its side. The newer black one can't. The original easily sits on its side, easier to store it in the truck or to use if for drying upholstery

tim

I have 2 black ones in new condition I will sell. I have 3 of the new ones and want them all the same. The black ones cant sit on thier sides, flex when moved, have flimsy louvers and handles and are difficult to stack because the wheels all have to be turned 1 particular way. With no locking wheels, drying on hard surfaces, the machine will spin around like a cyclone. With all these differences, I want to buy 1 or 2 more blue ones in place of the old style

John Olson

Name
John Olson
While I can't help with the black ones I will give you a $50 discount for each of the black ones you bought towards buying two of the new ones. I posted this in the suppliers specials. If we had done this before December 31st Dri-eaz was matching my personal offer so it would have been $100 off but that's over and they don't extend rebates but my 450 off is good for anyone that bought the black ones and can provide proof (if they are not a customer of ours) of when/where/price of purchase

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I'll take one of the new ones at that price John. If you need the credit card updated email me or just charge the one you did before.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Great topic.I overlooked that obvious situation...

Woke me up,tonite...

I believe,whilst never owning one.That the Blue should be a sturdier housing...

So that is actually the third generation of the Air-path also.Right?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
The adam path was a neat item.I think he just had a caster problem.

One reason I always stayed with metal rolling plant stands with wheel locks here...

Got to download that picture...

That fan is about 19 years old...

An except for the usual grill cleanings still running great...

Plant stand was replaced twice at about 4 dollars each time...

But it has the extension cord and its holder attached plus a tether to secure the electric cord from pulling damage...

Never did the louver thing though...I used the regular ones for drying angle differences...

I might just get one of them now,what the heck...

Glad i waited for this version though...

New products always need tweaking some where...

What is difference in weight versus original...

Can custom colors be ordered ?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
After reading every ones response I am going to purchase the blue newer one..................Thanks for the help

I found a company that has one for $497.00.........
that included shipping to my front door.............

any distributor on the board that has them cheaper then that let me know by Monday........because I am going to place my order then.........

I am only getting 1 for now and if what I want works out I will be buying 2 or 3 more later...........

Back
Top Bottom