Airpath design flaw becomes painfully evident...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
One of the screws that holds the handle on vibrated loose. As I picked the fan up at the top of the stairs the screw stripped out, the other side of the handle broke off leaving a small hole in the housing and the fan started tumbling down the stairs bouncing off the walls on the way down. Luckily I grabbed the cord and stopped it half way down the staircase. (I can't wrap up the cord anymore because it is all wavy from being wound around the fan so many times)

I'm sure I'm not the first person this has happened to. If I had waited for them to make it in the blue plastic like I knew they were going to I would have had to wait ten months to get one.... I just knew that fan was going to be problems. Now the thing looks like crap. Works good, but looks like crap.

My input for improvement:

I need to look at the new design, but I think a cord wrap that has virtually no bends would be great, to keep the cord from getting wavy.

Gotta say, I have no problems with the integrated handle....

You need a realistic way to clean the dang thing. I know one of the drieaze fans cracks open right down the middle so you can clean it out. Why can't you do that with the airpath?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Which model do you have? The most recent version handle is an integral part of the body, so that "design flaw" has been fixed.

To prevent kinking the cord, try alternating the direction you wrap it. If you wrap it around your arm, alternate right and left arms. If you wrap around the machine, alternate directions.

G

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there done that!! Only difference to your story is mine caused 3k in damage to walls, stair case, the 158 year old picture / painting frames.

Name
Nate W.
That's one reason I don't grab it by the handle. When I opened the box of my airpaths, i told my parents this handle is a POS. Probably break in time if you used it. I have to carry 1 airpath at a time.

Sorry to hear that equipment caused damaged instead of helping your job.

Name
Nate W.
steve frasier said:
my came with lock washer and nylar nut

it ain't like the fan cost a $100

Mine also came with a lock washer and nylar nut. I just don't have trust in the integrity of the handle.

Possibility of it making it last alittle longer, but I'd rather not take that chance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom