Airpath questions

TimP

I've been back and forth debating the whole airpath thing. I am always looking for a way to add value to make more money. I am thinking about a 2-3 cent per ft increase to speed dry or dry to the touch before I leave the job extra charge to those customers who want their carpet dry now. The way I see it, 20-30 bucks for a 1,000 sq ft job for a few minutes work.

Anyways I'm thinking I might be able to get away with 1 airpath and for halls if necesarry my prochem apachee fans.

How many of you guys have only 1 airpath and can they keep up with your cleaning pace. I clean about 600 ft an hour.

How many of you guys charge extra for drying and what do you get. I'm not in an area that I can charge premium prices day in and day out. I prefer to charge a competitive rate, and I'm planning on matching SS prices for a traffic lane special for those who want a lesser job. Then add for airpath drying and protector for an additional charge.

Also on the topic of protector. Since an airpath drying customers will be more likely to purchase protector how do you work the dry when you leave with putting down protector? Do you go with a solvent based protector??? Do you have to worry about flamability with it? Or do you protect as you go room to room adding the need for another sprayer???

Also what about drying under furniture?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You can always put the airpath into a package with Protector and maybe a deodorizer or something.

Rex Tyus

Tim, the "dry when you leave" guys do NOT live in the panhandle of Florida. Procede with caution with that. Especially if you apply protector.

Mikey P

Administrator
Following yourself around with a Airpath, applying protector before drying and or post padding, dealing with dust bunnies under beds and what not adds a lot more then a few minutes to a job,

gary mackay

I use at least 2 on every job with a pf5 or snail mover for stairs. The hardball protect I've been using seems to work great with speed drying. I don't charge extra for dust bunnies or dirty underwear that blows out from under beds or furniture, they pick all that up or can call the maid service on my site.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Since I started using the CanAm, my dry times have dropped, so my AP hasn't been used as much. Can't remember the last time I pulled it out of the truck.
I never charged extra for it when I did use it, and it comes in handy. My biggest fan! :wink:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Tim looking at other threads I would concentrate on something else and give the drying free to move yourself ahead of the pack

TimP

Matt Murdock said:
Tim looking at other threads I would concentrate on something else and give the drying free to move yourself ahead of the pack

The point is there really is no pack, what you don't realise is I service a 20 mile+ radius and have maybe 20,000 in population available. To compare that to LA they have what 8 million in about the same area?

Rex comes in my area but it's probably less than 10% of his business, as a guess. And SS comes in occasionally.... Times are just slow right now. I'm trying to find a way to be able to make more money.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
hey things my be slow I would come up with a plan to take Penningtons 10%, rexs 10% and anyone else in my area. I wouldn't charge for dry it should be close to dry. Make more money by adding services to your property managers and your customers, remove that graffiti, do that construction clean up (that you hired people to do before, or atleast I have), take care of the tile, upholstery, stone and anything else you can clean, restrecth the carpet. There are a million things people need but I bet they will wait for dry if your getting it close anyways

Rex Tyus

TimP said:
Matt Murdock said:

The point is there really is no pack, what you don't realise is I service a 20 mile+ radius and have maybe 20,000 in population available. To compare that to LA they have what 8 million in about the same area?

Rex comes in my area but it's probably less than 10% of his business, as a guess. And SS comes in occasionally.... Times are just slow right now. I'm trying to find a way to be able to make more money.

I am only down there a fraction of what I used to be. It was not unusual for me to have 3 or 4 appointments a day on that route 2 to 3 days a week. I had resolved Tim was just kicking my ass but it is just dead all over this market. The only people around here that ever made enough money to hire services were contractors, real estate agents, car salesmen and large scale farmers. The farmers went to hard wood and you can imagine how well those other groups are doiing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom