Alcantara- How to clean?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have cleaned Alcantara before, just like ultra suede. Hot water extraction, mild detergent pre-spray, hot water and a mild rinse. Very absorbent- so good flushing and follow up with multiple toweling helps.

Are we supposed to clean it any different?

Manufacturer site does not offer cleaning instructions short of by homeowner and not to exceed 30 celsius if putting in washing machine.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have cleaned Alcantara before, just like ultra suede. Hot water extraction, mild detergent pre-spray, hot water and a mild rinse. Very absorbent- so good flushing and follow up with multiple toweling helps.

Are we supposed to clean it any different?

Manufacturer site does not offer cleaning instructions short of by homeowner and not to exceed 30 celsius if putting in washing machine.
Never heard of it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane. Very similar to ultra-suede.
I just looked it up. I think what you're doing fine. I may have cleaned some without knowing what it is. Probably did the same as you. It's the same as I clean ultra suede. Carding brush helps.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It's a high grade ultrasuede. It may sag while wet but will tighten up as it dries.

The temperature requirement is a real thing. HWE can make the fabric shrink as well as having the possibility of leaving tool marks you won't be able to remove. 80F is the limit.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We have an industry tradition that “the hotter the better” is always the way to go, especially with synthetics.

That’s just not the case.

If you distort a natural fiber fabric, you usually can fix it with grooming and steam, perhaps fabric softener. Screw up the texture on a synthetic with heat,and you bought it in most cases.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Alcantara Mustang seats out of a wreck.
Tow truck driver decided to throw all the parts including the greasy axles inside the car.
Aggressive prespray, acid rinse.

IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0210.JPG

Back
Top Bottom