Algea in Rinse Tanks

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Not near as bad as another product I use but still. What gives with this?

A look inside my Acid (All Fiber) Rinse Tank

View attachment 5101

View attachment 5102

14gallon tank I bought new and installed in March. Dumped about 4gallons worth of mix and had to clean it out.

PIMA !!!!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Is that your concentrate jug?

It seems like the acid and neutral to low ph rinses once diluted will eventually (not immediately- weeks) allow for that to grow (I guess not toxic enough :winky:). The highly alkaline ones don't.
I assume it is bacteria in our water or just from the air, eventually causes it. Manufacturers of spotters that you buy go with some way of pasteurizing (sanitizing, disinfecting whatever is the right term) the water they use to prevent it.

Shawn to the rescue?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Use to run into that with all fiber rinse myself. Empty the jug once a week and put a lil dawn in there and swish it around with hot water. Rinse it out with water and you're good to go. Look at your screen filter on your draw hose and make sure it's clean too.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
The All Fiber Tank is 14gal & I have another 9 gal tank which currently has Shawns Emulsifier in it : )

I switch hit em .......

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mold, fungus, bacteria only need some moisture, food and comfortable temperature to begin growing. The tank has moisture, summer in the van is a great temperature for various microbes. The rinse agent is the food source along with any other organic material that may have gotten into the tank.

Wash it out at least once a week. Hit it with a little disinfectant Sporicidin / Benefect / Microban or similar.

Ron K

STupid question here but what prevent that from happening on someones carpet? Same food source,same humidity, same temperature??? I get humidity would be different but.........?????? I would have never thought a solution we could use is or would be called a "food" source.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
STupid question here but what prevent that from happening on someones carpet? Same food source,same humidity, same temperature??? I get humidity would be different but.........?????? I would have never thought a solution we could use is or would be called a "food" source.

It would have to be Really wet for sometime, Plus most of us Run TM's with Blowers and Significant Heat.

I think if it were to get any worse in the tank as far as growth one would have issues with jets clogging, or even worse..........

Your Truck starts smelling like Two Goats Jus Fornicated in the back and the water turns dark. like another Rinse I have dumped A LOT more of : (

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom