All I’m hearing is no…

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Thats been part of my plan for a while now. I’m going to target that area aggressively for commercial work all fall and winter. Email, intro letters, phone calls, and in person sales are going to be my strategy.

I can get to the edge of the east side in 45 to 50 minutes and the center of the city in an hour to an hour and a half.
90% of all that I do is 35-45 minutes away. An hour if I catch traffic.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
And for Gods sake.....get the desperation
Outta yor voice....

You're there to help them not to help you!

Jus a small tip.....the money is in the ghetto...at least the cash is.
I never let the clients see me sweat.

But here, where we can talk shop, I have no problem saying that new client acquisition is not as easy as it once was.

My business volume and income is the same as it ever was, and I’m 100% debt free except for my house. But for me to move to a better location, this lack of growth is unacceptable.

Reactions: Mr Brightside

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I never let the clients see me sweat.

But here, where we can talk shop, I have no problem saying that new client acquisition is not as easy as it once was.

My business volume and income is the same as it ever was, and I’m 100% debt free except for my house. But for me to move to a better location, this lack of growth is unacceptable.
Well the only advice is: Find a rich girl that has her lakehouse paid off and has a fast boat that you can play wit......

Mikey P

Administrator
How many local groups do you participate in? I know you mentioned not being part of the irl type groups but maybe at least online............and I mean participating not being that ahole constantly blasting his discounts. Being social is probably the only way you're going to increase biz locally

This.

When my neighbors go to our 8 and 10,000 member community Facebook blogs they see me interacting on unrelated cleaning subjects. Just enough to where I'm not annoying or look like I have nothing else to do but they see me being involved in the community and one level or another.

And when somebody asked do you know a good carpet cleaner or a cheap carpet cleaner or a carpet cleaner that can get here right now which seems to happen at least once a week, my name is thrown out there constantly oftentimes by people who've never even used me but know that I'm involved in the community.

And at least half the work I get from these forums are for people that never even post but know how to use the search button and they all say the same thing. "I see your name coming up constantly" when people ask for referrals...

Name
Matt Middleton
This.

When my neighbors go to our 8 and 10,000 member community Facebook blogs they see me interacting on unrelated cleaning subjects. Just enough to where I'm not annoying or look like I have nothing else to do but they see me being involved in the community and one level or another.

And when somebody asked do you know a good carpet cleaner or a cheap carpet cleaner or a carpet cleaner that can get here right now which seems to happen at least once a week, my name is thrown out there constantly oftentimes by people who've never even used me but know that I'm involved in the community.

And at least half the work I get from these forums are for people that never even post but know how to use the search button and they all say the same thing. "I see your name coming up constantly" when people ask for referrals...
Same here.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
This.

Mikey...annoying???? Impossible!!!!

FredC

Village Idiot
Mikey...annoying???? Impossible!!!!
Untitled.png

• Haha
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

Think about this old classic and imagine running a carpet cleaning business in the town of Red Bud.

View attachment 118440
The town I started in is nicknamed redbud. I'm in the city next to it now.
Wish you the best, it'd not easy. I've been up and down but still hanging in there. Liking the slower pace since covid. Lost some commercial and a few newer start ups have taken some of my lower paying accounts. I work less now but make about the same yearly.
You have to be making money or it isn't worth the effort.

Reactions: AlienAgent

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The town I started in is nicknamed redbud. I'm in the city next to it now.
Wish you the best, it'd not easy. I've been up and down but still hanging in there. Liking the slower pace since covid. Lost some commercial and a few newer start ups have taken some of my lower paying accounts. I work less now but make about the same yearly.
You have to be making money or it isn't worth the effort.

Vac-tat on your arm will get you all the bidness you can handle.....really! It's a non-threatening sign that you take the
Business seriously

Name
Nate W.
Vac-tat on your arm will get you all the bidness you can handle.....really! It's a non-threatening sign that you take the
Business seriously

It's a vac-tat on the right foot and rake on the left....... No one can say they don't vac or rake while on the job! :clap:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well. I encapped this today because it was easier and I wasn’t willing to search for non capped off water valves at this stupid apartment complex.

A6386CD7-61F1-43AA-93F1-4E53ED390387.jpeg7185D043-2443-47FF-B73E-41A3716103B3.jpeg

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No, I’m just searching out places I think would need the services we provide on Google Maps (that are within an hour to an hour and half drive) and send them an email. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t being read either. I can only stand to make so many phone calls and emails I can send out anytime. Sometimes I’m searching and sending emails until midnight after cleaning and doing truck/equipment maintenance during the day.

That fuel money is what it costs me to drive to and from the jobs I get. I usually drive 20 to 45 minutes one way to my local jobs. Heck, it’s a 15-20 minute drive just to get to town from my house.

I’ve been focusing about 75% of my efforts with the email and phone calls towards the west side of Cincy and the south side of Dayton. 25% locally trying to get some of the places I never could get around here.

I just got off the phone with the guy who handles the facility management for a bank chain with several locations within an hour of me. He says they don’t use my kind of services much, and claims they already have local vendors they use, wasn’t interested in me submitting info to be a future vendor and they have mostly tile and grout now that doesn’t have to be cleaned, they will just rip up and replace when it gets dirty. W…T…F.

Replace tile when it gets dirty?
In the ghetto we'd get all the old gals to set up in a row as many as possible

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom