All or nothing, radio ads roi?

Name
Lyon
Has anyone gotten a good roi from radio advertising. One of my own customers used Zero-Rez, heard they advertise on the radio a lot. She wished that she didn't, carpets didn't come out as clean. I'd have to put a slick ad, that says we actually clean the carpet thoroughly, without leaving residue and speed drying, check use out on Yelp etc..
This is the worst month I've ever had in 9 years, it's all or nothing

Mikey P

Administrator
To be honest, I doubt you have the budget to really make radio work for you.

Lets say you blast out to twenty thousand listeners in your area ( and Sirius/XM should be in the cars of any normal person at this point, if they can't afford satellite, can they afford you?) how many of those 20K are currently thinking about carpet cleaning at that moment? Will they write your number down for future use because your jingle was snappy? Doubtful.

Zerorez has big bucks to spend on radio every month and trust me your un-loyal client heard their ad many times before it took hold

Go with EDDM or email or snail mail your own database, better yet, hire Papa John's Suit lady to go knock on doors for you.

steve_64

Shotgun approach. Join your local chamber of commerce if you havent already and take out a full page ad in the local paper. Add a few coupons mention the chamber and get ready to field calls.

Smaller town papers are not very expensive for ads if thats where you are. I dont know anyone who pays for radio in their car but I agree radio is a long term strategy.

Dont mention any internet crap if youve got bad reviews. Just focus on a monthly special and mention this ad for discount thing. Smaller towns eat this stuff up. Stay away from the free papers too.

Reactions: Moser Brothers
Name
Lyon
There is over 2.5 million people in the greater Sacramento area, no small town papers here, other then free neighborhood readers, that no one reads. Ranked 11th for 5 star reviews on Yelp, just need more reviews. Tried the Joe Polish free room eddm. I should try a better ad, and target 1 area over and over

Shotgun approach. Join your local chamber of commerce if you havent already and take out a full page ad in the local paper. Add a few coupons mention the chamber and get ready to field calls.

Smaller town papers are not very expensive for ads if thats where you are. I dont know anyone who pays for radio in their car but I agree radio is a long term strategy.

Dont mention any internet crap if youve got bad reviews. Just focus on a monthly special and mention this ad for discount thing. Smaller towns eat this stuff up. Stay away from the free papers too.

steve_64

i was on my phone and it doesnt show all the info my pc does that im on now but im leaving to go clean a restaurant so ill be gone again.

listen to the other guys i gues they know more than i do lol.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Pay per click is made for panic marketing and will have a better return on investment than radio in getting the phone to ring NOW.

Your customers may just be focused on paying taxes though, and the phone will ring on Tuesday.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
When we started, we sponsored a talk show on a 100,000 watt station. In three months I got 13 calls. Four of them were asking for free work. Worst Money Ever!

You want business? Hit the pavement, use the Excellent Supply marketing plan, share your card with everyone lucky enough to get within five feet of you, show up and accidentally clean church lobbies, go do the Red Cross and United Way offices, put flyers in health food stores (in return for doing their windows or door mats) and in general, set yourself on fire. Get on Angie's List as well as Yelp. Walk into every doctor's office and meet the office manager. Bribe her with donuts. Stop by Enterprise, Ford, Kia and Jeep and suggest you clean their used car and rental car upholstery.
Action, action, action. Then get back with us when you are worn out from making too much money and I'll help you spend it, hahaha!

Reactions: Mikey P and Ron K

Ron K

Do you target your database every 6 and 12 months? Tax time used to stink for us too but we're having our best year ever, after our best year ever, after our best year ever. Do you know where your last 100 customers got your name from? If you do.... thats where I would start. Do you send a simple HAND WRITTEN CARD to people that refer you?You should. Marketing is not spray and pray it's every day every hour, every week, every month. Whens the last time a customer said I saw your truck in the neighborhood and I called? Is your truck spotless? Memorable? POS? 5 arounds SUCK but they work if you do them. I'm coaching a LL Softball team9-11 year olds I tell them all the time "the only thing you can control in life is you." Control Yourself! Oh and radio is way longterm, not instant gratification, the only reason you hear it loud and clear is you're tuned to it, the ad, cause its your business and everyone hates Z-Res anyway.
Have a drink, relax, do something you like and then put your nose to the grind stone.

Jason L

Name
Superior Carpet Cleaners Las Vegas
Has anyone gotten a good roi from radio advertising. One of my own customers used Zero-Rez, heard they advertise on the radio a lot. She wished that she didn't, carpets didn't come out as clean. I'd have to put a slick ad, that says we actually clean the carpet thoroughly, without leaving residue and speed drying, check use out on Yelp etc..
I hear ZeroRez radio ads all the time down here in Vegas. I don't believe radio or TV commercials do jack anymore. Go for organic search engine traffic. I have learned a lot from working with my web guy on how it all works (still too nerdy for me tho) and the best bang for your buck is really focusing on your websites rank and visibility. Any questions please feel free to hit me up.

Jason L
Las Vegas
Owner -

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom