ALL THE REASONS I HATE "STUFF" ON A MACHINE

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So my fuel pump went out the other day...(or so i thought) I go to put the new one on......hook it up and nada.... :?

Get my tester out and go to test while i turn the switch...nada :(

So with out spending half my fooking night wire chasing...is it

A. a bad relay, and how do i check....cuz thats where one side runs or

B. something up with the oil pressure switch....thats where the other side goes

grrrrrrrrr these are the days i miss my stripped down avenger.....fooking thing dont run, its outa gas... :x :x :x :x :x

A

amazingcleansc

floorguy said:
So my fuel pump went out the other day...(or so i thought) I go to put the new one on......hook it up and nada.... :?

Get my tester out and go to test while i turn the switch...nada :(

So with out spending half my fooking night wire chasing...is it

A. a bad relay, and how do i check....cuz thats where one side runs or

B. something up with the oil pressure switch....thats where the other side goes

grrrrrrrrr these are the days i miss my stripped down avenger.....fooking thing dont run, its outa gas... :x :x :x :x :x

that sucks. and its not like you can just go to the corner shop and have them fix it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
He could. By the time he got done messin around we could have had it fixed. We are
open on saturday doug. Chris can probay get you in and out tomorrow if you show up at 9am

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
haha...thats not around the corner...

sad thing is it happened in springville at 1030 at night...

9 am with 80ish minute drive, time for up and going...up at 6 am...oh joy......plus we (or just the wife) will be down there at 5 pm for a gymnastics meet.....have ya see the price of gas lately????

make it noon to 5 this time ehhh??

plus we wont even get into the money thing...(like i dont have any, fooking late payers).....this month has been a weird one and this is one mor epiece of shit to throw on top :x :x :x :x :x :x

Bob Foster

TNTrepairfeatures.jpg

cleann4kids

Thats why I like the Amtex!

Its a simple unit, and you can get repair parts
at any hardwear store.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
See above photo for my next machine.

My White magic Commander broke down a few weeks ago. It is a wiring nightmare. Luckily it was just the fuel pump.

Oh well. One break down in 4000 hours isn't too bad, but I have a feeling there will be more to come.

F

FB7777

the Judson unit does look simple to work on... but don't leave out the fact that you also need a propane heater and belly mount tank to operate and maintain

hogjowl

Idiot™
If there is any maintenance required for a belly mount propane tank, I have yet to find it.

And a propane heater requires cleaning the burner ring every ... what ... 500 hours? Takes about 30 minutes.

Shut up Boyle!

F

FB7777

of yea I forgot, the thermocoupler, igniter and hoses last forever :roll:

you operate the belly tank and maintain the heater , geez I thought you were one of Alabama's literate elite

my point is, the Judson power plant is simpler because its not a HE unit

you'll be bitchen about your new unit in no time, porkhole ... you still have the specs brochure under your pillow... wait til it blows a fitting in 6-9 months

hogjowl

Idiot™
With the exception of the Vortex, all I have ever owned were simple TCS rigs with Little Giant heaters. 20 out of my 22 years in this business were spent using propane units. I have never had to change a propane supply hose or thermocoupler. The igniters don't work when you purchase the unit, so there's no reason to replace them.

Fireplace and grill lighters work really well.

Asshole!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
let's see here...
all the components of the New York city bomb terrorist...sans a firecracker...
some people should never play wit fire!

F

FB7777

speaking of bombs and fires.... are the only cracker in yore hood bawb?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
fred boyle said:
speaking of bombs and fires.... are the only cracker in yore hood bawb?
I don lives in the hood......
i'm movin' on up.....

i could NEVER live in the ghetto......cuz when i see droopy drawers...
i jus wanna drive over the curb.....
good thing i ain't senile.........

Bob Foster

fred boyle said:
the Judson unit does look simple to work on... but don't leave out the fact that you also need a propane heater and belly mount tank to operate and maintain

Ask people who own them if its any problem to them and most don't think it is. I sure like mine.

I think many of the big manufactures will return to simple designs.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
hogjowl said:
20 out of my 22 years in this business were spent using propane units. I have never had to change a propane supply hose or thermocoupler.

Saying that Marty you are one lucky guy....

I can't tell you how many times I had to change a thermocoupler on a Duane built unit in the early 2000's..... quite a few times.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
turns out it was a relay.....

grrrrr i think ill by a back up..now that i have a back up fuel pump

woodsey

Judson TNT with #4 LG as simple as you can get and still have tons of heat and vac without all the STUFF. Will never go back to the Star Wars over complicated engineering nightmare units. Woodsey

Bob Foster

woodsey said:
Judson TNT with #4 LG as simple as you can get and still have tons of heat and vac without all the STUFF. Will never go back to the Star Wars over complicated engineering nightmare units. Woodsey

IMG_0567.jpg

gary mackay

Bob, doesn't the LP regulator bleed propane? I have the same reg with my 4ht but have yet to smell it but my last regulator for 3 ht. used to bleed propane at start up.

Bob Foster

Actually where my regulator is mounted is dangerous. I'm moving it this weekend to outside the box.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom