All three vans go down in the same week

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
All 3 vans go down at the same time???

1st van would not run without the choke on. I spent 2 days checking everything from fuel pump and lines to fuel filter could find nothing. Finally took it to a small engine repair guy. He tested the fuel and found it had that flex fuel E85 in it?????????? How did that happen? The place we get gas from doesn’t even sell it. I removed the fuel line after the fuel pump and drained it into gas cans. Drained the whole tank. Added new fuel and bam, machine runs perfect. Go figure

2nd and 3rd vans both will run great but the battery drains and has to be jump started. Checked battery voltage, both vans had about 11.4 volts at the battery running or not. Replaced the regulators on both, now they run fine and charge the battery. I have never had a regulator go bad, but for both to go bad the same week was weird.

These repairs were soooo much harder since they happened 1 week after I had Carpel Tunnel surgery on both hands. I could hardly turn a wrench, but never messed up my stiches.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
When it rains it pours.... Sorry to hear about the luck, hate those weeks when everything just goes wrong.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I knew a guy that owned a station and he told me once you'd be surprised at what actually gets put in the holding tanks. It's a hodgepodge.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom