Alot of red dye pricing

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I just did a vacant home for one of my property managers. It is just under 1,000 sq ft. In addition to the normal cleaning the house had 17 red dye stains, 3 pieces of gum and a couple of weird blue stains. The majority of the stains came out.

Here is my question, normally I would charge about $10 - $15 per dye transfer area. It actually feels a little high for this job. I spent about a hour doing the red dye removal after the cleaning. My target per hour is between $100 - $125. At my normal rates I would be a minimum of $175.00 for the hour. Does specialty stain removal justify a higher per hour rate, or would you feel comfortable charging less do to the volume? Thanks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Travis;

Itemize all the different spots you removed and charge a reasonable price for your service.

A property manager with regular work should get a reasonable billing.

I would say @ $150 for an hour of spotting if you were already on the job (in Arizona).

Larry

Reactions: tmiklethun

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You need to make sure you make money at your targeted per hour rate ,but you can get caught I a catch 22 with a property management company in this type of situation.

If you charge per dye transfer and bill them 400 dollars for the service you are too close to replacement cost for them to justify the service, if you discount the dyes stain removal on an each basis, they will remember and ask you to come down on price again a like you did this time. Just be careful and always make sure you are making money.

Definitely don't put 17 red stains for 100 dollars on the invoice as you could possibly set that number or pricing for them, just come up with a profitable number and say " various red and blue stain throughout removed" for such amount.

Buck1955

Name
John
You want to get as close to blackjack without busting. When I am faced with a decision like this, I call them and ask them what they think is fair, they may surprise you but at least you both know where your at.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
If you did 17 spots of red and usually charge $10--$15 per spot I'd invoice at 17x$15= $255 Plus add in whatever for the gum and blue and then DISCOUNT down to the $170. Explain the discount is thanks for the business. I always told my employees (when I had them) that I never minded them giving a free hallway or $10 off if a customer deserved it BUT TO ALWAYS make sure the customer knows they are getting a discount for a reason, even if to just say thanks. If a customer gets a discount but doesn't know they are getting a discount that's like throwing advertising $$$ out the window.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom