Alternative to RX-20 Felt Gaskets

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have seen something advertised in the past. Has anybody tried it? A no-oil alternative to the felt RX-20 gasket? If it is legit and good where do I buy it and can I support a board member by buying it through them?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I think I've heard about it as well but haven't seen it. On the other hand I've never used oil on my rx's. I had the Chemdry one for 5 years and didn't have any problems. Used in about 3,000 jobs. I greased it the first few times I had it and found the oil dripping was too much of a pita. I did go through a few of the metal plates that the felt hits. About 3 every year. It would warp but was about 12 bucks a piece.

Albert

Name
George Valliant
I know what ur talking bout cuz I seen them in Cleanfax magazine classified section.

Been meaning to order some but keep forgetting.

It would be good if MB vendors had em.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
something that came out a few years ago..I tried one and after about a month the thing cracked in half....I use the original style and the only time I have ever soaked it in oil was when I first got it and never ever had a single issue with it....been so long ago I don't remember how old it is ..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom