Aluminum Waste Tank

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Im guessing aluminum is still much cheaper than Stainless. Im guessing aluminum is a poor choice due to chemical deterioration. What about a spray liner to coat the inside of the tank. Or at least the the first foot from the floor up. Has this been thought of?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've only had aluminum tanks and never had a problem. I don't wash out my tanks. I do clean a lot of tile which does it for me. There is probably a difference in aluminum so maybe I have been lucky. Zero pitting on my last machine. It still looked new inside

Mikey P

Administrator
Get a Devastator and it should out last every other component, including the van.

Was Tom the first to use paint strainers?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm still using a marine grade aluminum made in 1984. I have transferred it from on tm to another because it is so well made. Theoretically aluminum will degrade more than stainless steel but in real life, it will take forever to rot through and it is a lot lighter. My portable is made from marine aluminum and so is one of my pump outs. Neither show any signs of deterioration.

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I've been running aluminum tanks for about 12 years and the first one did develop some small hole at the top of the tank, now with that said I did not clean out the tank because it did not have an access hole and no anode in it.

I do think that aluminum tanks require a little more care than stainless.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom