amazon services

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Any of you big city guys been approached about this yet. They want like 20% of the job. This may work for some industries but I don't think it will work well in carpet cleaning. I wonder if any of the franchises are going to force owners to do it.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
vas-storefront-logo._V308761621_.png

Handpicked Pros Upfront PricesHappiness Guarantee

white_play_button.png

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We applied a week ago to be accepted for this program. They are only choosing 3 qualified services in your area and industry to list. The rate they want is ridiculous 20% of what the person books. We will have to find a way to make this up, but this could be good if your 1 of the 3 accepted. They do a shit ton of background checks, etc. your technicians have to go through a background check as well. We will see if it's any good...

Reactions: Cleanworks

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The rate they want is ridiculous 20% of what the person books...
When you figure a Greg Cole type of booking operation takes 70% from their subcontractor's job just for writing the invoice (and thinks that's fair) this sounds like an excellent deal for cleaners who need to fill their schedules. I hope Amazon is successful in this new venture.

• Wow
Reactions: Connor and WillS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We are adding on our 4th truck in the next month, and just hired 2 more part time for a total of 6 in our crew now. We could use the "filling" of the schedules to get that 4th truck booked up as much as the other 3 are. I'm hoping this Amazon feature works well with the booking, and your right, 20% isn't all that bad.

Reactions: Art Kelley

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Guys Guys.
What type of customer do really think is going to buy services from amazon for in home service?

This is not a Lexus customer!

20% what type of margins do you guys have? My word.

You will not be getting the top 3 companies you will be mid to bottom pricing.

Says the guy against anything to do with online booking...

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I go to amazon to find cheap stuff. The poor sucker who signs up here is going to find themselves cleaning a lot urine soaked houses and a customer that has no plans of paying extra. Then threaten to leave you a bad review. I had a lady leave a bad review on Angie's list 6months after I cleaned claiming her carpets should of stayed cleaner. She lives in the middle of a field with dog in a mobile home. They are all nut jobs here.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The dream is that you'll turn a good percentage of those amazon shoppers into full-price return customers where you're not sharing percentages with amazon. Why are people buying services with amazon though? They like one-click buying, with amazon's guarantee of no question you don't pay if you're not happy. amazon also makes it easy to leave feedback, so you're going to have to really excel, at a discounted rate, to avoid being trashed when a spot doesn't come out. Could work out great if you're set up to handle it, but I'd guess the lowest price will win and there will be a lot of churn in their service providers.

BTW in Seattle there are already three companies and amazon wants more, so I'm not sure how exclusive they are in every city.

Reactions: Mikey P

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Our studies show that the repeat rate with these type of lead generators is extremely low and even then don't want to pay more the next time.

This space is crazy, LOTS of companies, TONS of investors. Hell even Bezos (Amazon CEO) invested in both Amazon Home Services AND pro-dot-com. Crazy man, crazy.

Reactions: Mikey P and TomKing

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
They called me again. now it's 25% and $295 to sign up. But they raised their prices closer to Stanley. I might take a chance on it since I might be out of a large account soon. I hate when they hire new people at the property managements. This has also been the worst October I have had for many years.

Anyone have guys in your area doing it yet?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you're interested in this kind of lead generation, you might also want to look at Google's copycat version: Google Guaranteed services.

Same thing applies though. If Googs is successful with this program, there is nothing to differentiate any "GG" service firm, so the customer choice will always be the lowest price. It will be a race to the bottom from there. Remember when restoration contractors thought Xactimate was a good thing? Before they learned the insurance companies could use it to call the shots?

Remember I warned ya.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Bottom feeders. You want to deal with cheap people then give away a portion to Amazon, then go for it.

They called me yesterday. I told them to go kick rocks.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
not to mention amazon wants you to jump through a ton of hoops to sign up. They wanted utility bill copies for some reason? thought that was weird.. I decided to pass since the pricing was already under what we charge and it didnt seem like anyone was doing great on there.

Reactions: Nomad74

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Stanley Steemer International looked at this about a year ago and tested it in a few locations. The cut is too high and if I remember correctly they set the pricing and you simply choose to accept the job or not (sight unseen).

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah they called my wife about my biz, i promptly took the phone, farted at phone (loudly) and hung up.

Reactions: Josh Almanza

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I felt it vibrate through my bones all the way up to my ear bypassing cochlear thus sending signal to my brain.. i both felt and heard it. It was glorious.

Reactions: FredC

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I still have my hearing aid ya know? So if i actually heard something, it stands to reason that it is loud..

Reactions: FredC

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
I felt it vibrate through my bones all the way up to my ear bypassing cochlear thus sending signal to my brain.. i both felt and heard it. It was glorious.
Lol! Reading this was the highlight of my day! Thanks for sharing your incredible glorious moment.

Reactions: DAT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom