amflex vac hose fatal flaw?? (confirmed)

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have been using my new 2" amflex hose for a few weeks and have been happy with it. last week I did a sewer job with it, this was a very nasty sewer one of the more worse ones I have ever done. the problem is I CANNOT get the sewer smell off the hose, It has sat in the sun, been washed off on the job, cleaned with the HOSER tool very slowly, drug through wet grass, sat outside while raining on another cleaning job. in addition to having prespray sprayed on it, drug across carpets etc. all this has happened to the hose and it still smells like sewer. the only thing I can figure is the outer ribs allowed sewer to get up under them and get trapped. I have NEVER had this problem with any of the various other vac hoses I have used over the years. I am pretty disappointed about this.

my all time favorite vac hose is what came as factory equipment on the prochem units back from the mid 90's to early 2000's it looks like flexhaust super truckmount but the outer ribs are slightly concave instead of rounded out like the super truckmount hose is. I wonder who made that hose does anyone know??

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Re: amflex vac hose fatal flaw??

have you tried putting it in a kiddie pool with some bleach or odorcide?

how long is the effected hose?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

cap the ends and put an enzyme and deodorizer overnight. I have never heard anyone with a Vortex have this problem

Joe Bristor

I really doubt the odor is due to the Lil Better Steve.
Unsmoke taught us to charge for c&d hose so you can afford coiling it up in a 55gal drum with Microban (for H2O) and 9D9 (for smoke).

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Re: amflex vac hose fatal flaw?? (confrimed)

I took both sections of my hose that touched the sewer and put them in a large trash can. I then poured in bleach in there and let it soak in a hot water bleach bath for about 2 hours. let the hose sit outside over night. this got rid of 80% of the sewer smell. but even though its been weeks I can still smell a faint smell of the sewer. it had to have gotten trapped under the ribs of the hose. other than that the hose does work great even on hot summer days. however just do not use it on a sewer loss.

Joe Bristor

feel free to ship it to me COD Steve, full refund.
I emailed my FedEx acc.# ... did it come thru?
I'll cut it up and make Cool Ys out of it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I don't want a refund on it, I am still going to use it and hope that over time the smell goes away. and remember to use the section of old hose that is still on the bottom of my reel.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

dealtimeman said:
have you tried putting it in a kiddie pool with some bleach or odorcide?

that's how I clean our hoses when they get the "funk" .
I soak them overnight in one of those cheap inflatable kiddie pools

I just have to make sure I get them out before the neighbor kid's parents wake up .....

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom