An Old ICS OP Post--Has anything changed?

diamond brian

Three Cleaning Methods and Lots of Fun.
Posted By Steve Smith in TN on 10/23/2002 at 4:18 PM
Last Friday, Bob Savage and I cleaned a very nasty area in the gym at his church. We split it up into three sections and used a Cimex on one section, CCS on another, and Bob’s Hot Savage One on another.

The Cimex with Mist & Brush cleaned much faster than the other two methods. Next, in speed, was the Savage One, then CCS. The Cimex was probably three to five times faster then HWE and HWE was at least two or three times faster than OP. (To be fair to OP, it was a very Nasty Carpet and the pads had to be changed very frequently!)

Results: All three sections looked a lot better, but the HWE and OP sections looked QUITE a bit better.

The next day, Bob, Jackson Lloyd and myself when back to take a look.

My first comment was “The encapsulation side looks like shit!” (It did look a lot better than before we cleaned, but compared to HWE and OP it did look like shit! LOL
The HWE and OP areas looked great and I really could not say for sure that one looked better than the other, but if I was forced to choose I would have choose the HWE side.

One thing Bob did after we cleaned all three sections was re-clean about a three foot square section in each of the OP and encapsulation sides. When we went back, where Bob re-cleaned with HWE on the encapsulation side it was quite noticeable. (A much cleaner square could be seen) That was not the case where he re-cleaned a square on the OP side.

Steve
P.S. We had a great weekend with some great friends. Bob, Jackson, Bob’s son Ian, and myself cleaned a daycare center on Saturday morning. Two TM’s were used, one with dual wand, and an OP machine. It was real kick cleaning that place with two methods, three wands and a CCS. We made very short work of a job that could have taken hours. LOL

This was posted in 2002 by Steve Smith. Anybody think 2008 model encap products would've affected their results?

Grant D

Did they ever post-vac the cimex side?

Someone should try this with today's better encap chems. I suspect the results would be similar, but today's encap chems are much better.

randy

Name
Randy
Sure encap products have changed big time & improved 300% BUT sometimes a carpet needs to be extracted and nothing else will get it back to acceptable. That being said 99% of commercial cleaning can be handled by encapping and look great. Probably 75% of residential work can be encapped or "padcapped" / op cleaned and look great.

It's when the encap or op ONLY crowd start encapping vomit and oping feces or blood that they look like total, complete idiots. Almost as bad as the HWE only crowd attempting to bid .40 a square on a 90,000 square foot building, and really thinking the have a snowballs chance in hell of getting it.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I didn't read anything about re-cleaning the whole thing over. That could not have been a pretty sight. :shock:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
randy said:
Sure encap products have changed big time & improved 300% BUT sometimes a carpet needs to be extracted and nothing else will get it back to acceptable. That being said 99% of commercial cleaning can be handled by encapping and look great. Probably 75% of residential work can be encapped or "padcapped" / op cleaned and look great.

It's when the encap or op ONLY crowd start encapping vomit and oping feces or blood that they look like total, complete idiots. Almost as bad as the HWE only crowd attempting to bid .40 a square on a 90,000 square foot building, and really thinking the have a snowballs chance in hell of getting it.

Well said... Truth be told, encapsulation even in conjunction with absorbant pad cleaning is not the be all end all of carpet cleaning... There is still a place for your truckmount. That said, there should be room in your van for some VLM equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom