An unexpected delight......

G

We signed a 3 month agreement with a local full-color advertising magazine. Quarter page ad, 500 and some odd dollars per month, delivered to 100,000+/- homes with incomes of $100K or there abouts. The first month was pitiful. Nothing. And, it came out late. And, the rep has trouble returning calls. We weren't very happy. They offered to let us out of the last month.

So, I was a wee bit surprised when our sales rep called a few minutes ago to let us know she'd be dropping off copies of the magazine today,

and, to try to make up for the lack-luster response......

......they gave us a full-page ad on the inside back cover.

That's a first!

No excuses, no finger pointing, no "maybe you should go to a larger ad," and totally unexpected.

I just hope the resolution was high enough to quadruple the size.

hhsad.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a great deal!

Looks like you came out ahead in the end.

Let us know how that ad does for you.

I'd like one designed like if it works good!
8)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Nice that they did it. (The cynical "Bad Steve" side of me tells me the magazine is failing and they aren't selling ads so they stuck you there just because it was available. Bad boy! "Good Steve" still believes in the goodness of human nature.) Hopefully your new position/ size will pull better for you.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training and presenter at the "Retiring Wealthy" seminar January 11, 12 in Houston, TX
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS Wayne, Big Billy Yeadon is the marketing meister of SFS. However, for what it is worth on your ad above:

1. I would swap the picture and bullet the services offered left justified.
2. To me the two offers in one box is confusing. (I confuse easy.) I would either separate them OR at least put dotted lines around each one to differentiate them.
3. Numerous studies have shown that for people to perceive a discount as valuable it should offer at least 15% in savings. Your 30.00 off on any service over 250.00 doesn't quite get you there. Would increasing the amount pull better? I don't know. that's why we should test everything.

My two non-educated cents. (I hope to see you in Houston.)

Brian L

Name
Brian L
What Steve said, but also offer them a free F.A.R.T. t-shirt. Talk to Chavez about the t-shirts as he can get them wholesale.

G

Your cynical side might be right, Steve. I've seen four or five advertisers in the same general glossy, full-color, 8 1/2 X 11 format. I think they're all a little hungry.

Your suggestions were on the money, too. Much easier to read. Thanks!

hhsad2.jpg

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
You are right, Wayne. It DOES look better. Sometimes I surprise myself.

Island Boy

PS Now if only you would write Yeadon and tell him that his "Marketing Guru of SFS" title is in jeopardy. Nah, don't do that. It would just be more work for me and I might have to read all those books Big Billy keeps sending me. I AM supposed to be retired, you know ...

DevilDog

Geez, I would hope Wayne wouldn't get too hot and bothered about the "criticism" Steve offered!!! If some of you think that was much criticism no wonder you act like babies.

Wayne is brilliant in what he does...but even brilliant people can miss the mark a little.

I love that ad and need one made for me for the coming holiday season.

DevilDog

harryhides

Name
Tony
Just be grateful that Porky is too cheap to buy Photo shop and too dumb to learn how to use it...........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's not hard at all, anyone can do it......well, maybe with a lot of instruction.....and lots of pictures....and ...well just send them to me and I'll do it for you pig breath! :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom