And now for something completely different

harryhides

Name
Tony
Nasty unknown dye or ink stain on a white cotton fabric.
What can you do when it's clear that removing the stain is not happening and damaging the fabric in the process is increasingly likely.

Here's one option, Before, Part way, After pictures - took just a few minutes:

CushionB4_IMG.jpg

CushionPRT_IMG.jpg

CushionAFT_IMG.jpg

harryhides

Name
Tony
Once you get to the point where it looks like stain REMOVAL is not possible, you have only 2 choices.

1/ Give up
2/ Disguise it, ie this is where harry hides it by coloring over it.

For example a permanent purple ( = red/blue ) stain/dye on a brown carpet needs only the right shade of yellow added to match the existing brown carpet color to make the stain APPEAR to have been removed. However the stain is still there but no longer visible.

How many of you have given up on a small ink stain on white cotton or rayon fabric ?

Tools used on the above job - one paper clip + a drop of fabric dye. Toothpick would have worked just as well.

ps, Andrew, I get very nervous about using H2O2 on cotton as it will dissolve the cotton if it's more than 3% strength.

:D

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Good stuff Tony.

Care to expand a bit more?

I have a job I'm attending today where there is a seam pulled apart on a leather suite from South Africa.

I'll take a couple of photos and put them up, you may be able to give a few suggestions on repairing.

John

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Nice work Tony. I have to clean a linen (white) . Butterscoth the dog chewed another Pen. Ink , I have gottten out before. I dont know how bad it is on the linen. Also she has a ink spot on wood. What would you guys do . I have some thoughts but would like to hear yours.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I actually could have done with this knowledge on Saturday when I spot cleaned a small delivery mark on a new bed. Wouldn't budge at all and assumed maybe a scuffed rubber type mark????

I didn't take a photo sorry.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom