and that why I bought the Lunch Pail..

...and how many of you one truck wonders have a back up?

• Porty and a floor machine of some sorts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
PTO universal joint exploded today on the POS ******.

Shaft looks good but will get check for true-ness in the AM

My fault for not checking each and every time my guy Zerked it. :roll:

From the looks of the fitting its been a long time. :shock: :!:

If all goes well it will be up and running on Friday.

Mikey P

Administrator
5ef0bcf7.jpg

Landed 20 ft away...

C

cucu

if you put the lunch pail in a sprinter you would have that pos box truck up for sale already

John Watson

Maint, maint maint.

I thought my son was changing the oil in his slide in for 4yrs,, NOT, Took it in when I had it swaped to another van Both trk and slide in ran great, no smoke or knocks, and had Preferred do a complete service on it. Dennis and Joe both called me about the condition of the sludge they were trying to drain out of the 3 cyl Kabota engine. I think joe still has the jar with some of it. Well, they flushed it all out and sent it back installed in the new van.

Did that thing smoke, didn't rattle, infact ran and sounded good, just smoked bad, to bad to take to a clients house. Ended up spending a few more grand having the kobota dealer rebuild the motor.. My son lreally let me down on that one.. But hes still my boy, an a$$hole like his dad.. .

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Bought the second butler as a back up about 5 years ago and in the last 2 years we have been running 2 vans most days. My daughters are the ones running the second van with me on large jobs each day. As the unit was to be a backup, we have been very fortunate not to have any major break downs to need it as a back up especially since we have needed to use it most everyday.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
17 years and never needed a backup. Buy reliable, learn the machine and maintenance better then the book. Replace parts before they expire.

gene

Name
Lee Stockwell
Back up sits in the driveway. Not fully outfitted or signed, but ready with TM and tanks.

Have used it when the other one had a flat, broken belt, or dead battery.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
consider yourself lucky.....when mine came undone it went off like a grenade under the truck ...shit went everywhere.........including threw the transmission pan....tore up the shaft and the yoke....

had to get it towed.....
hole in pan welded.....
replace the yoke and the shaft off the PTO.....
and give some guy that was standing by it $20 bucks for a new pair of under ware because I am pretty sure he shit himself when it came unglued.............

0417081616b.jpg

0417081616a.jpg

0417081627a.jpg

0417081628.jpg

0417081702.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

I had to get towed a couple weeks back. The guy showed up and wanted to pull my truck on the rear wheels. I said I don't think so. I told him to get a flat bed.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I have a back-up sitting in the drive. A friend broke down last week with his Butler. He borrowed mine and it over heated on the way back to the job. He dropped it off at the dealership. Today they finished installing a new radiator. $$875. Ouch.

Amazing

I had to get towed a couple weeks back. The guy showed up and wanted to pull my truck on the rear wheels. I said I don't think so. I told him to get a flat bed.

A good tow operator will pull the driveshaft...

As for a back up.. no.. Not had enough break downs to justify the cost.

But I tell ya what, I could sure use a 1nd van right about now picking up over load.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yep - I have a spare everything. Spare van, machine, 2 scrubbers, heater, wand, hand tool , stair tool, hydro force, vac motors, pumps, fittings, ball valves, hoses......... If anything bursts, I'm back in an hour or so. Plus I get same day service from most of the suppliers I deal with, as well as my mechanic. I'm so friggin' busy right now I can't afford to lose more than an hour or two at worst.Time to hire.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't think I ever had my van towed because my slide in broke down. :mrgreen:

Sorry, sucks to have crap like that happen. I don't wish it on my worst enemy.

I still don't see the point in those things.

Name
Lee Stockwell
My last van was towed twice. Once for fuel pump and once for transmission. It happens to any truck. We try to keep them in top condition but some glitches can't be anticipated.

Told the boys that if any van goes down during dorm week I'd have it towed to the jobsite to keep working (almost seriously).

Cameron1

If you are going to the next level..............always, always have a back up van and unit. In addition, have a portable, CBR, and pad machine at your finger tips.

It does not matter if you have one truck or ten...... having backup is the difference between being in the game and being on the sideline.

Do you know what your client really says when you say, " Sorry Mrs Pifferton, my van(unit) broke down, and.......................?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Got a Powermatic ready to go if needed. Would just have to swap it out with the Genny. Also got another genny that I could get up and running if needed. My Son even has an empty 1 ton Chevy van standing by.

Mikey P

Administrator
jooint013.jpg

Notice the unused Zerk!!
jooint014.jpg

A fabricator took both ends off the old bent shaft and welded them on to a new home.

jooint015.jpg

All said and done $425.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Picked up the spare at the dealers today after the radiator fix. Did you know that the sides of a Chevy radiator is made of f'n plastic?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom