Angie's List deal of they day

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just signed a deal with Angie's List for Carpet Cleaning in a couple areas.

You might like the terms better.

I did a higher price carpet cleaning and they only take 20%.

I noticed one of our Mikey's Boarders did a deal today for Tile too.

I'll let you know how many I sell.

Name
Damon
They don't show the number of deals sold which is a bit telling.

But, it's new so it'll grow I'm sure.

20% is a great rate compared to Groupon and the others.

Are the payout terms similar? 3 payments over 90 days? Do you get paid on all certs sold or just redeemed?

How has Angie's List worked out for you? Is it costly?

Do you like all of these questions?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I haven't discussed payouts.

Angie's List has always been good to me.

It's free to list your company. The thing is you need to get customer reviews....and your customer has to be a paying member of Angie's List to do it.
I think it's $50.00 a year for the consumer.

I've paid $40.00 per month to have top placement but you have to have an A rating to be able to do that.

I've maintained an A rating for a few years now....Yes my subs were/are awesome.

They give a super service award and all that.

You have to be a quality company to exist with Groupon.

If you can get one of your customer to review you, that get's the ball rolling.

Someone put me on for free years ago before I had even heard of Angie's List. I didn't think it was a big deal until people started calling and telling me they found me there.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Okay...here's how it went. I sold 4 tile cleaning jobs @$175, not very good. But had several calls from people that knew they would be spending over $175 and called for estimates. They were a $500 t/g job and a $1,500 saltillo. I have 2 more estimates for a travertine and a marble set up this week. Oh yeah another guy that wanted his entire shower regrouted, I refered that to a friend, but booked his carpets to be cleaned on friday.

Considering I haven't spent a dime, I'm happy with this type of advertising. Not sure how it will work for carpet cleaning, but it's been great for tile and stone. I'm still very against Groupon and Living Social BTW :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The Angie's List Rep screwed up so I have to wait at least a month before I can run a big deal in Sac for carpet cleaning. There was another carpet cleaner in it recently I guess.

I made some real money with Groupon in Dallas. Ron is doing well in Sac.

I'm still for Groupon as long as it helps me to make money.

It's not the deal you give. It's the money you make on top of it and on the side of it.

Like the jobs calling you directly for tile cleaning instead of buyin the deal.

I got about 20 of those from Groupon. Really that would be enough to justify the entire campaign.

Oops, I forgot...I'm not supposed to talk about Groupon anymore. lol

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
i forgot to mention they keep the ad going for 30 days in the advertising section so i could get some more calls as well.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
mArY...Thanks for the heads-up ..on claiming my Angies List accnt.... 8)

ps..Dave ...take the time to read that refferal... !gotcha!
I had ..NO idea it was there...and we didn't BEGG for it like YOU DO... :oops:

I have 100's of handwritten refferals ..."I guess I should them posted on the NET..."

We recieve several phone calls a month praising our crews..."makes me Proud..!"

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
HARPER said:
mArY...Thanks for the heads-up ..on claiming my Angies List accnt.... 8)

ps..Dave ...take the time to read that refferal... !gotcha!
I had ..NO idea it was there...and we didn't BEGG for it like YOU DO... :oops:

I have 100's of handwritten refferals ..."I guess I should them posted on the NET..."

We recieve several phone calls a month praising our crews..."makes me Proud..!"

You don't have to beg for online referrals. But, there are some ways that you can make leaving a review easier for clients.

Such as: links to referral sites on your website, A link in your follow up/thank you E-mail and a card they can leave by their computer with easy instructions on how to leave an online review.

Simply asking or begging (I prefer the term grovel)simply isn't enough.

As far as happy clients I had a new client going on for over 15 minutes Thursday praising Me after her job.

I'm such a sensitive guy it almost brought me to tears.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Harper listen to Dave. He had like 16-20 employees at one time and now it is him part time. You should definitely hitch your star to his wagon. I personally wish he lived closer

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Christ, it's like i'm the pied piper for Growley.

I post and he comes running.

It's like clockwork!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
XTREME1 said:
Harper listen to Dave. He had like 16-20 employees at one time and now it is him part time. You should definitely hitch your star to his wagon. I personally wish he lived closer

It was a ...TEST..."I just wanted to see if HE could read past a 3rd grade lEvEl.."

"There was some pretty big words in the refferal"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NO HItChIn...gOin on heRe... !gotcha!

ps I am ALMOST ready...To PAY HIM...NOT...To give me his FREE advice... :mrgreen:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
can't even tell someone to listen to you huh. Forget the olive branch then. I tried

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
dave we should just have sex and freak everyone out, huh

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Here is some information about Angies big deal from their site.

Since I have an A rating on Angies list I'm looking into it.:

What is The Big Deal?
The Big Deal is a new advertising opportunity for highly rated Angie’s List providers that cost nothing out of pocket. The Big Deal is a group couponing discount where Angie’s List negotiates a substantial deal with the participating business to offer to our members and their family and friends. This is a quick and easy way to get instant business from our members without having to reach into your pocket; you don’t pay us a dime.

Exactly how does The Big Deal work?
Once Angie’s List and the business have negotiated a good deal to offer our members, Angie’s List will then market the deal to our current and past members for a short period of time; normally 48-72 hours. Two email blasts are executed; one introducing the deal and the second reminding the member when the deal is about to expire. Each deal will have a minimum threshold (normally 10 deals) that needs to be purchased before the deal is activated. This guarantees the business that they will at least gain 10 sales of the deal, or the business will not be obligated to honor the discount. All purchases of the deal are completed through The Big Deal consumer website. Assuming the threshold is met, and therefore tipping the deal, Angie’s List will charge each purchaser’s credit card and send a confirmation email with a unique coupon code to use when calling to redeem the service. Members are allowed to forward these deals on to family and friends. This allows a deal to gain even more customers for the business.

What does it cost?
There are no out of pocket costs to the business. Angie’s List takes a percentage of the purchase price to cover our costs, and the rest is turned over to the business.

Why do businesses have to be highly rated on Angie’s List to participate?
Angie’s List wants to offer our members the best service possible. Due to this, we have eligibility requirements for businesses that can participate in The Big Deal. Your business must have an A or B with at least 1 current report in the category you wish to participate. Preference is given to businesses that already participate in List Advertising, but a current advertising relationship with Angie’s List is not required to offer The Big Deal.

When does The Big Deal offer get activated and how does the business get paid?
Each deal will have a minimum threshold (normally 10 deals) that needs to be purchased before the deal is activated. This guarantees the business that they will at least gain 10 sales of the deal, or the business will not be obligated to honor the discount. Assuming the threshold is met, and therefore tipping the deal, Angie’s List will charge each purchaser’s credit card. Once all purchased deals have been charged, Angie’s List will take a percentage of the proceeds as previously negotiated in the set up of The Big Deal. Angie’s List will then release all remaining proceeds to the business.

Can I use the revenue from The Big Deal to buy other Angie’s List advertising?
Absolutely - you can use some or all of your proceeds from The Big Deal to start a 12 month List Advertising agreement with us. We frequently offer discounts on bundled advertising packages.

How often can I offer a Big Deal?
At this time, businesses may only participate in The Big Deal 1 to 2 times per calendar year, at the discretion of Angie’s List.

How do Angie’s List members and nonmembers learn about and sign-up for The Big Deal?
Angie’s List markets The Big Deal to our current and past members for a short period of time; normally 48-72 hours. Two email blasts are executed; one introducing the deal and the second reminding the member when the deal is about to expire. Members are also allowed to forward these deals on to family and friends. This allows a deal to gain even more customers for the business. The deal is also displayed on The Big Deal consumer website, for the public to access given their zip code.

How long do The Big Deal purchasers have to redeem their purchase?
Purchases of any deal are subject to the offer restrictions of the deal with regard to how long a coupon code is valid to redeem a purchase. Coupons can be valid for various periods, from 3 months to a full year.

What do I tell customers who have signed up for The Big Deal who contact me prior to activation?
Inform your potential customer that the deal has not yet been activated. Let them know that once it is activated, they will receive a confirmation email from Angie’s List with their unique coupon code. Once received, the customer may then contact you to redeem their Big Deal purchase.

How do I sign up or get more information on The Big Deal?
If you are interested in learning more about The Big Deal or would like to speak to one of our representatives about offering a deal, complete the online request form here.

Greg, Drinking again?.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bee Busy said:
i forgot to mention they keep the ad going for 30 days in the advertising section so i could get some more calls as well.

Just being on Angie's List and keeping an A rating is good on it's own too.
Some of my biggest and best residential jobs have come from them.

Now they have a puple flashing icon that they're doing for me. I haven't seen it yet. I suppose I should look into that. lol

Daycare....funny stuff Harper

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I also need to mention that Angie's List has the type of customers I like doing business with. A high % of Angie's customers are aged between 35-70 and they aren't price shoppers looking for a "deal", they just want a good job for a fair price. It seems many of them have been screwed over in the past by bad contractors or shit rug suckers, so trying to turn a $150 job into $500 will be tough for the bait & switch guys. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hear ya. It's always nice to be "backed" by some of the nicer internet companies because the customer trusts your service before you get there.
They get a good deal but they also expect (or don't mind) to pay a good deal more when you get there.

It's as good as a referral in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom