Angie's List

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I got my first rating, customer gave us an A on everything

she wrote that we removed all toxic residue left behind by previous cleaners, carpets were dried with big fans (thanks AirPath) 13 year old carpet looked brand new

she had SS doing her carpets before, I informed her about their method and that all we did was rinse the carpet with soft water to remove the cleaning agent they left behind

I thought she was going to be a difficult customer but you never know how things will turn out

WISE

Hey Steve--

We are on Angie's List here. However, it is brand new to this market. Not getting much traction from what I can tell. They added us and two other cleaners to get it started. We have not done any work for Angie's List members as of yet--that I know of anyway.

Hope it catches on here, looks like a great site for consumers.

WISE

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Angies

Angies List started here in the midwest and it is a very effective tool here. They are working to be in all 50 states so I think it will continue to grow in recognition.

G

Do a search for it online. General gist of it is that those using her service pay a month/year premium. You can search for contractors in your area and read over any feedback. Referral network sorta thing.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I looked at it a few months back and saw we had 3 reviews, 2 a's and one f's across the board. I called and asked about it explaining that the f review did not look like something we would do. The guy said when they started they did a lot of random calls and made a lot of mistakes. It was taken out next day. Good idea for all to check if they're there. Online reviews can really put a dent in your business if it's bad.

My take is that I don't think Angie's list will be as succesful as other sites such as yelp because the members have to pay an annual fee. They give you the first year free then you pay. Not that people are cheap, there's just too many places that you can get reviews for free.

Albert

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I don't know if it will do me any good but it can't hurt unless I do bad work

but I do know that I lost a couple of bids because I had not had a report from any customers

I tried to convince the potential customers to let me do the work for them so they could do a listing but it didn't work out

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
The only thing I don't like about websites where people can rank you is that your competition can also rank you. We have a local directory here where a competitor likes to bring my score down. Also on one of my Angies list rankings there is a mistaken identity ranking. A lady gave my company a good report but then mentioned my helpers who didn't speak any english. Ah,,I don't have any helpers.

On Craigslist competitors will flag your post until it is removed. These boards could be a great tool for customers to use if they had a way to check for accuracy.

Name
Eric Valentine
It takes more than a few individuals with unique IP addresses to flag an ad on Craigslist before it is removed. There are several people here that like to post the same ad more than once a day, in different areas. One even posts more than 5 a day, every stinking day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom