another boxxer question

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I can turn up the psi on my 421 machine and the gauge will read whatever I have it set at (400 psi or whatever). When I key the wand it drops down to 300 psi and will not go any higher no matter what I turn the psi up to. Also when the water box fills, it barely lets any water come out the wand. I was told that I might need to check the psi regulator and lube the plunger. I have the manual and I cannot figure out where this is at. I am very mechanically declined and would appreciate an idiot proof answer.
Thanks

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The pressure regulator is the knob you turn to adjust your psi. Take that apart, if you can, and look over the o-rings and everything to make sure it all looks good. Lube it and put it back in and test. By the sounds of it though you might need to replace it.

TimP

This is just a wild guess....but maybe the machine needs to be descaled. At least that's where I would start. Other than that I would be at a loss myself. I'd call my distributor next or look in the owners manual at the trouble shooting section. You may just need a new pressure regulator.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Thanks, I'll look at the regulator. I was trying to avoid a trip to the distributor, I'm finally getting busy and don't have the time to be without the truck until next week. I'll also descale, it's been a while.

breathe72

I think the drop in PSI when keying the wand (100 drop or so) is normal??

Mine does the same thing.

I would think thats because once you key the wand, there is a certain drop in pressure to the wand, and the true PSI would be what you get while cleaning?

But you also said that once the wand is keyed, you cannot increase PSI at the machine.

That I haven't seen yet.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I understand that a drop is normal. But it doesn't matter if it is set at 5, 6, or 700 psi it will drop down to 300 psi. and then takes a tottal dump when the water box fills.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom