Another "First" Today......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Was called out to a fire job today that my "Restoration" partner was cleaning. They were in one part of the house, and heard water running in the family room. A ceiling/attic mounted water pipe had burst while they were there, and called me out to extract.

(Had a ceiling/attic pipe break yesterday, also, and probably many more to come by next week)

Back to the "first". The reason the restoration contractor was there was......another "National" WD contractor (no names) had been there on a water pipe break last week, and left their dehu's and air movers there to dry structure. Well, one of the pieces (probably a dehu) caught on fire and burned a wall in the living room, thus causing the fire damage.

Man, what bad luck. Anyone ever have a piece of equipment fail and cause damage to a job?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Was called out to a fire job today that my "Restoration" partner was cleaning. They were in one part of the house, and heard water running in the family room. A ceiling/attic mounted water pipe had burst while they were there, and called me out to extract.

(Had a ceiling/attic pipe break yesterday, also, and probably many more to come by next week)

Back to the "first". The reason the restoration contractor was there was......another "National" WD contractor (no names) had been there on a water pipe break last week, and left their dehu's and air movers there to dry structure. Well, one of the pieces (probably a dehu) caught on fire and burned a wall in the living room, thus causing the fire damage.

Man, what bad luck. Anyone ever have a piece of equipment fail and cause damage to a job?

Thankfully no!

Mark Saiger

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Great!
Last thread about Hydro Forces and both mine friggin clogged.

Why would you do this to us : )

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We had the vac motors on a portable arc and burn/melt the carpet in an apartment several years ago. The funny thing about it is that it didn't cost us much at all to replace the carpet.

The apartment building had an exclusive contract with a carpet retailer and only they were allowed to replace the carpet even though we are also a carpet retailer. ( Yes, I did argue that one long and hard but still lost and had to allow the other company to install new carpet.) The other retailer installed the carpet and did a terrible job with the install. Our customer called me after repeated attempts to get the other retailer back out to correct the install. I called the other retailer and told them I was not going to pay their bill until they corrected the install. They never did correct it and finally a few months later, I had one of our guys go out to correct it.

I never did pay that bill and they never called about it.

And the customer and her sister have been loyal customers ever since. :lol:

Reactions: GCCLee

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Once had an ozone machine catch fire. Added some smoke to an existing fire job. It could have been much worse but was noticed after smoldering for an hour or so. If it had gone much longer, I believe it would have been a full fire.

D

Deleted member 51539

I was using the Kool Glide to do patch work at the bottom of a door jam (power stretched a room and one side had gaped) and the piece caught fire and caused smoke damage to the jam.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Update to my original post about WD equipment fires. I cleaned the carpet in this house Friday to complete the fire/WD damage. Moving custy back in on Monday. The real cause of the fire was previous WD company had overloaded the circuits and a wire had caught the wall on fire. I had heard that the original company had replaced a low amp circuit with a 30 amp breaker, and ran 20+ air movers and de-hu's to quick dry the structure. So, it wasn't the equipment, it was over load on the circuits to the equipment.

Tough break!

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom