Another glide thread

I have used hole glides which I hated and slot glides which I love. I need another glide. I am leaning on getting another slot glide but possibly a hybrid glide. The slot glide cleans great and is easier to push than no glide. Why should I not get a hyrid over another slot?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The Hybrid gives you some better dry time...not sure it's enough to matter.
It also glides better IMO.
It's better than a holed glide because you can pick up debris sometimes....and it doesn't get clogged as easy.

I like the pretty pattern it leaves to...It almost looks like someone raked it.
God knows it wasn't me.

G

danielc said:
I have used hole glides which I hated and slot glides which I love. I need another glide. I am leaning on getting another slot glide but possibly a hybrid glide. The slot glide cleans great and is easier to push than no glide. Why should I not get a hyrid over another slot?

If you have the the smaller hole glide, drill the holes larger yourself and you will notice a huge difference!

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
I think I will get another slot glide.

What do you not like about the hybrid Keith?

I don't pre-vac much (going to change soon though), you NEED to pre-vac with the hybrid. I also like to be able to scrub with the wand when needed and the hybrid dosen't scrub good imo.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have all three glides

The slot glide get's used 99% of the time.
Hole glide about 1% on a few com jobs we do

Hole glide doesn't clean as deep on cut piles.
Dry times are insignificant compared slot if pre-spray is used in sufficient quantity .

Most jamokes have never done same room, same day side by side tests with identical wands equipped with different glides to support their drying claims.
Cause if they did, they'd know that in 30-45 minutes after cleaning, you won't be able to tell any difference and there won't be a dimes worth of difference in "complete" dry times .

Hole glide is by far easiest to push.
But again, it doesn't clean deep enough for "my" likes on cut piles

..L.T.A.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've got all three. Prefer the hybrid but mostly use the hole because of tendinitis in my elbow. I pre vac most so debrie isn't an issue but even the hybrid will pick up a lot of stuff. I run without a filter so I don't want the big stuff in my tank.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
meAt said:
I have all three glides

The slot glide get's used 99% of the time.
Hole glide about 1% on a few com jobs we do

Hole glide doesn't clean as deep on cut piles.
Dry times are insignificant compared slot if pre-spray is used in sufficient quantity .

Most jamokes have never done same room, same day side by side tests with identical wands equipped with different glides to support their drying claims.
Cause if they did, they'd know that in 30-45 minutes after cleaning, you won't be able to tell any difference and there won't be a dimes worth of difference in "complete" dry times .

Hole glide is by far easiest to push.
But again, it doesn't clean deep enough for "my" likes on cut piles

..L.T.A.

Why does a slot glide clean better than a hole glide on cut pile?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Johnny said:
Why does a slot glide clean better on cut pile?

cause it cleans "deeper"
Actually, an UNglided wand cleans deepest.
It gets down "into" the fibers rather than sitting on top
( due to less surface area )

the surface area of a glide is a double edged sword.
That increased area helps prevent wand "lock down" and makes wanding much easier.
But at cost of a less deep clean.

also the slot glide is the best cleaner of the glides, as it does allow the fiber to be "sucked into" the slot a bit.
That stands the fiber up for better recovery of the sludge at the bottom of the fiber.
The hole glide rides on top of the fiber.
(that's why it's by far the easiest to wand with)

On cheap, low density cut pile crap, it's not that big a deal, cause the lack of fiber bundles lets them "fall over" as the wand runs across.
You're able to get to the base of the fiber then
But not so with the denser/higher quality cut piles

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like the slot glide also... though I also think you can make up for that "deep cleaning action" of a unglided wand with and higher flowing wand(jet placement being at 35-45 degree angle), seems to work great for me.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Chris Adkins said:
glideless again, and loving it... and we pre vac

If my well formulated Fiber Care Technicians screw up, I have threatened to take the glide away for the day. Is that mean and cruel?

I have all 3 but like to use the slotted glide 98% of the time.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i tried the holed but no matter how well you vacuum it will get clogged one day. i have always like the hybrid's performance. ( if your hybrid clogs you just did not vacuum).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom