Another Health Insurance Rate Hike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Just received our new rates for this year beginning March. Up 16.5% again. I could almost buy a new AeroTec for what I pay for health insurance.

More and more it seems we work just to pay price increases on groceries, insurance, and fuel/utilities.

I canceled my health insurance a few months back. I need to spend 3k yearly before I see any benefit. I will save my money. If I get sick, I will just have to pay out of pocket. I am young and healthy.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Billy how many employees do you have? Once you hit 4 employees look into an employee leasing company. It is the only way we can afford health insurance for ourselves and our employees.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I know the feeling.We were at $826 mo. for a family of 3 and just yesterday I switched to a $10,000 deductible plan from BCBS FOR $296 MO. Not too bad considering my wife is in the high risk group. It will at least cover us if we have any major surgery and pays 100% for physicals.

Name
steve snail
danielc said:
I canceled my health insurance a few months back. I need to spend 3k yearly before I see any benefit. I will save my money. If I get sick, I will just have to pay out of pocket. I am young and healthy.

Check into an HSA (Health Savings Account). It's a large deductible insurance policy coupled with a before tax dollar savings account that you can use for just about anything medical. If your are young and healthy, this may be a good option for you. The savings part of the plan builds in value if you don't use it. If you have any assets at all, you need to protect yourself in case of an accident.

Back
Top Bottom