Another video of a commercial job to end the day after a full day of residential

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
10:30 pm....first eats of the day.

Little pup is home from the vet.

Gonna sleep on the floor tonight with her. 8 weeks of recovery....gonna be long, but she is doing great and happy to be home!

Here is a video of tonight's last job.

Carpet was cleaned once before by another company, we were $100 higher, so they sent us home....2 months later they called and told us they picked the wrong cleaning company and could we fix it.

They now are deciding to do it more than once a year. It get's pretty trashed.

Well, enjoy...and good night shortly for me....have be at first job site by 8 am, and done tomorrow around 9 pm....much better....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6WL7G-Z9cM

Was gonna post some before pics, but photobucket down tonight....will do in the morning so you can see how bad

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Photobucket back online.

Some pics before. Pics don't really show true amount of soil in the lighting....

2014-05-21190445_zps26269a22.jpg

2014-05-21190443_zps7709046b.jpg

2014-05-21190438_zpsf93810a8.jpg

2014-05-21190414_zps905d8937.jpg

2014-05-21190414_zps19b28d01.jpg

2014-05-21190407_zps0f532a4f.jpg

2014-05-21194503_zps44e4b7f5.jpg

2014-05-21194910_zps85af0034.jpg

2014-05-21195105_zpsdd46e58c.jpg

6:30 am....Heading out the door in 15 minutes to get to first one....Done around 9:30 pm I am guessing....:rockon::p

C&S

Name
Scott
Awesome, I had same thing happen about 4.times this year, they go with the cheap guy, get screwed then have to use an actual professional. Luckily I'm the professional. Around here though I am a lot more than the cheapest guy nearly twice the price, but it stays cleaner longer and no residue. One cleaner I seem to take customers from leaves so much soap in the carpet. I use clean free to clean those ones because adding another soap just foams like mad.

Great video mark! Keep them coming.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark Saiger

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think he just slave drives them until they reach breaking point then they quit and start doing lawn care.

J/k!!

Was this too early?

Never been any good with timing.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
man you work your boys hard.

Mine drag in at 8:30AM turn off at 6pm

how do you keep them so motivated?

The uniforms hide the whip marks! :evil:

Actually, they have to try and keep up to me! This morning, I just made sure they were in a normal time (8 am) while I headed out early to start the first one.

They were on site at the first job by 8:30 and I actually had to head to another one for a 9 am meeting with a client, and then I did 3 bedrooms, hall and large LR. The boys showed up when I had remaining a Bedroom and small LR, so they took over while I met with the client to collect payment. (both these first 2 jobs were empty by the way)

We then headed out together to do 3 more good sized jobs with both vans, just got in a little before 4 pm, and have to be a the next job at 6:30 pm for a day care.

Just my son in law and I will do that one. Will take about 1.5 hours with the 2 vans.

This is our busy time, and it can go like this until about the middle of January....

We have a pretty rough schedule next week too....and some pretty cool jobs that I will try to do some video.

Friday will be our young guys last day.

Then it is Aron and myself until we decide if we are going to replace him.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think he just slave drives them until they reach breaking point then they quit and start doing lawn care.

J/k!!

Was this too early?

Never been any good with timing.

I can always take a good joke....

This is the way it was for me when I was a band director as well, so I really have it ingrained in me to be always thinking ahead and be efficient with time.

We will miss Jeremy, but we will also figure out what we are going to do next.

Always new opportunities in front of a person if we can look ahead....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Then it is Aron and myself until we decide if we are going to replace him.
Go check with the football or track coach, as close as you are with the High School I bet there are strong healthy kids with nothing to do. Get a couple of them for the summer and let them share in the wanding.

It will give you a little relief and help you through some of the busiest part of the season. They might even be available off season for weekends or evenings after school.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Go check with the football or track coach, as close as you are with the High School I bet there are strong healthy kids with nothing to do. Get a couple of them for the summer and let them share in the wanding.

It will give you a little relief and help you through some of the busiest part of the season. They might even be available off season for weekends or evenings after school.

Actually have the top graduating senior (Smart, physically fit, musical...got a lot of skills) and he want to work for us for the exercise as well.

Just kind of waiting to see if I need to save a spot for a couple weeks, but it is not the entire deal breaker holding us back from hiring.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes the other kid will be back. Landscape work is not for the faint of heart. Actually no job is when increased pay is involved.

Its going to be longer hours, harder, dirtier work, I would expect him back.

In fact let him know you'll save him a spot for a week or two just in case he changes his mind.

A full timer is better than a part-timer but it sounds like you already had my plan for you. :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom