Another work weekend

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Smallish school fire was called late yesterday afternoon. Two class rooms that need to be deodorized and cleaned by Monday am for school.

We did some preliminary cleanup last night and setup deodorizing but we have a dozen technicians out there today & tomorrow to process the work.

No rest for the wicked and well....that must be us? :biggrin:

Reactions: Greg Cole and tmdry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We finished and they had school today. Good thing our shop isn't close to the school or the little kids might egg the trucks for making them go to school today. :smile:

Nice little job to kick start the week. :cool:

IMG_1844_zpsv03nppsr.jpg

IMG_1838_zpsjkdevkml.jpg

IMG_1837_zpsrg7gl1gn.jpg

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We finished and they had school today. Good thing our shop isn't close to the school or the little kids might egg the trucks for making them go to school today. :smile:

Nice little job to kick start the week. :cool:

IMG_1844_zpsv03nppsr.jpg

IMG_1838_zpsjkdevkml.jpg

IMG_1837_zpsrg7gl1gn.jpg

I hated those weekend jobs when I was a kid in school. I'd be out with the restoration crews instead of goofing off for the weekend with my friends. The ones on the holiday weekends, especially Memorial Day and Labor Day were the ones I hated the most....

I promised myself I'd have NOTHING to do with this business when I got out of school and out of my parent's house...38 years ago...funny how broken promises to ones self work out for the best once in a while.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I promised myself I'd have NOTHING to do with this business when I got out of school and out of my parent's house...38 years ago...funny how broken promises to ones self work out for the best once in a while.
It always happens at the worst times. The fire started around 2:00pm Friday afternoon, the room was cleared at 2:45pm, we received the call at 2:47pm. I happened to have a supervisor at another project within 10-minutes of the loss and he was walking the job and making a plan by 3:00.

We arrived over there by 6:00pm did some preliminary cleanup for a few hours and setup deodorizing and had crews there in the morning.

I made the same promises, determined not to spend my life here I spent a brief time in school before coming back to this business. Should have stayed in school! :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom