ANTI germ UPH.............??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
some how ( and we really have no clue how ) I got set up with all the fire stations here in town ......so for the last month or so I have been bopping from one end of town to the other cleaning all the carpets at all the fire stations....Today I had to go to one and do all there UPH.....not a real big deal...6 recliners..10 office chairs ...a love seat...and one couch they must have took from a burning home some where...(it was pretty rough)....the captain was talking to me when I got done and wanted to know where they could get some UPH that was made with anti germ material...I have never heard of anything like this....in my mind unless you are the boy in the plastic bubble..germs are every where no matter what.....I told him that if it was out there I knew of a bunch of people who could tell me...so I am asking the experts....has this guy seen one to many apartment fires and got to much smoke.....or is there something like that out there........??

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I will have to couble check but I do believe that they are starting to make some polyesters and other synthetic fabrics with built in Microban protection. They are already adding this to alot of the porcelain tiles, and they are experimenting with carpet a little as well..

http://www.microban.com/uploads/pdfs/Te ... -Sheet.pdf

The above is an article talking about its use in textiles so I can only assume someone is using it for upholstery.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Lots of fabrics made for the health care industry that carry some type of antimicrobial finish. The coatings are supposed to be able to last the life of the fabric if wet cleaned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom