any cleanco owners here?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
How are they
dependable?
how is the service network?
Will they maintain a high flow wand heat?
Just looking i think it will be a cleanco or a butler.
Like the room in a cleanco a lot better.

Reactions: Russ T.
I bought a new Cleanco 47 in early spring.
With 4 hours on the machine my blower belts broke. I took it back to my distributor who along with Cleanco determined that something was wrong with the blower. Cleanco was fast in sending out a new blower and everything was covered under their warranty. It kinda sucked that I was the lucky one to get a new machine with a bad blower but it was cool that my distributor and Cleanco took care of everything so quickly. In fact, one of the reasons I choose a Cleanco over Butler is if something breaks, I can take my machine to the distributor who sold it to me. I hate working on truckmounts.
Since the issue with the blower I haven't had any other problems. The machine only has 120 hours so I don't have a long track record with it.
I like that the design is so compact. I had the machine installed in a standard length van and I still had plenty of room to carry lots of stuff.
I didn't get the blower post heater, so my heat is not supper high. It runs a consistent 200 degrees with my wand or my turbo. The temp doesn't fluctuate the way my slide in does.
My other van has a slide in, and when it finally dies I'll probably buy another Cleanco.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought a 2010 Cleanco Compact 47 last summer with @ 1600 hours on it. It's attached to a Ford E250.

I have run it since August almost exclusively, putting almost 500 hours on it. We had an EXTREMELY SLOW Winter but the thing has been rock solid, without a single hick up. I'm a little OCD and don't like how some of the covers rattle around while going down the road.

The performance is solid, not a glitch. I use a 14" wand at 6 flow and a RotoVac 360i. Both hold heat pretty well but I believe you would lose heat if you were using a tool with much higher flow.

The suction is great when using my Devastator in line filter. The factory waste tank houses a burly metal cage type waste filter. I leave mine in even though it stays clean with the Devastator.

Maintenance is almost a non issue. I have the oil changed between 2-3 K miles. My supplier is @ 3 hours away in KC. I took it down there a couple months ago to have him get me ready for Spring. He changed the pump and blower fluid, checked belt tension, set the "UPH" and "CARPET" settings to run at the proper RPM's. He said the belts looked fine so I took his word for it. I was prepared to pay him to change the belts.

I think enough of it that I will finally be putting a wrap on the van, which will cost me @ $3500. Chump change for some but not me while building my biz.

If $ weren't an issue , I'd look at Cleanco or Butler. Cleanco, because I have help within a 3 hour drive. Butler, because I don't think I'd need a supplier nearby.

Feel free to call me if you want more info. It's a great rig and it has my trust to take my biz to the next level. It's a good choice and a real work horse. I'm doing more and more large residential jobs where I flick the switch and run it for 4+ hours and don't worry about it.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Buck1955

Name
John
I bought a Cleanco 56 last year. It now has 180 hours. I've had a Butler, White Magic 1200, and the Cleanco. The Cleanco will depend on the distributor that installs it. I've had a few hiccups with mine. They mounted the solution reel too far to the right to use the handle on it. No permanent place for the wand, the waste tank shutoff doesn't work, the cheapie drive belt they used stretched out at 10 hours, and you have to grease the drive shaft. On the other hand the way they plumb the blower gives it more vac as my WM 1200 5.6. Butlers 5.6 is not really a 5.6, however having had all 3, I would have bought a Butler again if I could have. My Cleanco distributor gave me a great deal, I saved $8,000 over a SS 1200 at another distributor, and the same with Butler.

Reactions: Russ T.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jimmy was only having problems when he ran the lift too high and it was burning up clutches and serpentine belts.

Backed down the lift and now run a Gates Micro-V K061195HD Green Stripe Fleetrunner serpentine on my 03 chevy 6 liter one ton.

When it gets hot I prop the hood open to vent the heat out from under the hood.

Not sure you have to but it makes sense when it's sitting there at 1500 rpm.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When it gets hot I prop the hood open to vent the heat out from under the hood.

Not sure you have to but it makes sense when it's sitting there at 1500 rpm.
We do the same on our extended body Butler. For some reason it doesn't take the extreme heat (95-100 degree days) as well as our Butler in a box.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My advice was far more techinical than having some snake oil saleman trying to make the SCAMPOO method look complicated to some MORON carpet carpet cleaners.

And charging them $40 a gallon for the " Magic".

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well that takes some guts to call yourself a moron who does want to make it look like a difficult process .

I respect that.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
You clearly have me outmatched Jimmy...

319e9611a2774fd362e60db95b827229.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hmmm ... I don't like rattling covers and such. My slide in's rattles are as annoying as a bird report.

Hey Saiger and Boyle! Do your Butlers rattle?

For the most part....Really don't think any rattling in the vans from the Butler.

Every now and then will have a piece of loose equipment start to rattle....but that does drive me crazy and I have to hunt it down.

So I guess I would say my Butlers have been quite good....

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I live a few miles from Cleanco/Esteem head office. Three years ago I bought a Butler that is thousands of miles away and would do it again. Call me if you like.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I bought a Compact 47 with post heat in '07, its in a 1 ton extended Savana . 4800 hrs on the unit now and no issues other than regular maintenance. Enough heat to melt gum out of the box. It's been a very reliable source of income for me and have great service from Fibreclean in Edmonton.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hmmm ... I don't like rattling covers and such. My slide in's rattles are as annoying as a bird report.

Hey Saiger and Boyle! Do your Butlers rattle?

I really paid attention to this today while driving around....and NO....I have no rattling!

The van is actually really quiet and you would not know that there was a truckmount inside the van with you.

I guess, I have to say....I am more than pleased with my Butlers! :) :rockon:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Butlers are really the gold standard for quality build. Is there hot air leak from the shaft where it comes in from the engine? On my Pro1200 there is huge air gaps that blow in VERY hot engine compartment air. I stuff those gaps with work towels. Is the drivers compartment relatively cool in the summer? I have to put up a shroud, a tarp from the hardware store, to keep the heat out of the driver's area. Otherwise it is blazing hot. Does Butler have anything to address that heat coming from the TM?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Butlers are really the gold standard for quality build. Is there hot air leak from the shaft where it comes in from the engine? On my Pro1200 there is huge air gaps that blow in VERY hot engine compartment air. I stuff those gaps with work towels. Is the drivers compartment relatively cool in the summer? I have to put up a shroud, a tarp from the hardware store, to keep the heat out of the driver's area. Otherwise it is blazing hot. Does Butler have anything to address that heat coming from the TM?

With or Butlers...No hot air leak around the shaft....

Drivers cab very comfortable. Soon as done cleaning, we turn the air conditioning on....never a problem with unwanted extra heat I would say. Just a basic cowling over the unit.

And....it is a great cold weather cleaner too :)

Reactions: Art Kelley

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
These top machines have very similar components. "Fit & finish" is what separates them. Butler didn't get where they are by accident.

Plus they are designed to be repaired and maintained by the operator. You've got to like that!

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Reactions: Mark Saiger
J

JS41035

Butler has amazing resale value. I see low hour Cleancos on craigslist fairly often. I have never seen a low hour Butler at a cheap price. The resale is the secret of a butler IMO.

A 6 year old high hour butler (3000+) with over a hundred thousand miles, sometimes sells for over 50% of the purchase price.
I'm not sure if the couple thousand you save by going anywhere else for a direct drive are worth it. Unless you need the space.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom