Any drapery cleaning guys up in here?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
anyone wanna clean my latest blind job?

20200312_124152.jpg

Its an insurance job otherwise I wouldnt generally bother, they've lived with that for 9 months lol

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
haven't tested but think its cotton

value? I'd give it a dumpster ride, but insurance company have ok'd up to $500 to return it to preloss condition..
I'll take it to $200 worth of work max
appears to be hopeless. Try distilled water? If that doesn’t work take it and dip it in the Jordan 7x’s...I read somewhere leprosy was cured.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Or has this specialized cleaning become a lost art?
We had a complete in-plant drapery cleaning department, but it was a tiny part of our income, so when it was time to buy new machine we dropped it.

Sold the pleaters and other equipment to a guy in LA. He said when he's the only one in town, any remaining draperies have to come to him and he can charge what he wants. He's done well.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Its water stain from a flood so has dried slowly/unevenly I'll have crack at it tomorrow

hopefully straightforward, if no after pics I failed lol
If it’s declared a lost, try to grab it. Then work on it with different things and see which lightens it up etc. Test small portions at a time. Worth the practice for future jobs.
also contact Jim Pemberton. His father Lee was a master at cleaning things no one could figure out and a great out of the box thinker. Jim, I believe is wearing his dad’s shoes today. Guys like these, are becoming far far far few and between. Invaluable Unmatched.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I turned a drape job down last week. Although I could have do e it, my time is better spent elsewhere.
With high end cliental, you can hit them over the head. A very nice pay day for a few hours of tedious work. A lost art indeed.

Reactions: Nomad74

sassyotto

Name
Paul
we have a set of blinds with fabric over them we wanted to have cleaned and rehung. Turns out there is NOBODY that does it within 80 miles

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
before
20200314_140504.jpg

during.. sprayed with what was left over with a little oxy boost and rinsed with a hose
20200314_143607.jpg

not 100% but its beer oclock and I'll spend another 10mins later

*resprayed and rinsed with hose couple times and its 99% there, other than small area at the top
20200314_175455.jpg
its got a weak reducer on it, but it might actually be a rust stain looking at it?

Last edited:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
i’d up another $100 for the stress of beer o’clock...opening the can and lifting up and down with your arm. Hope you switched hands at each swig. You dont want to corporal tunnel and dislocated shoulder.

Reactions: Ed Valentine
F

FB7777

I have a like new Ultimate with all the bells and whistles, hanging on the wall of my shop. I take it down and clean it every year.

I like dinosaurs...
Remember B-an-e clean dry cleaning unit Lee

I bought that hunk of useless sh1t back in 1990 , glad it was only $2000 . solvent cleaning caused their valve to fail (leak) prematurely and even with exhausting outside the unit would give you a headache

and the results were fair at best

couldnt imagine dry cleaning in peoples homes now

if I can’t vacuum and light mist then I say no

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I quit doing drapes after watching one shrink 6". Luckily I was able to get it almost stretched back out. Just not worth the hassle for me.

Reactions: FB7777

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Significant earner for us, but we only clean at our depot. Gave up in house cleaning many years ago.
Probably more than 95% are cleaning for appearance due to mould issues.

roro

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Significant earner for us, but we only clean at our depot. Gave up in house cleaning many years ago.
Probably more than 95% are cleaning for appearance due to mould issues.

roro
do your local dry cleaners not clean for mould?

they do here, so I might charge $40-$60 for "mould treatment" onsite for couple of drops

roro

Name
Ross Craig
do your local dry cleaners not clean for mould?

they do here, so I might charge $40-$60 for "mould treatment" onsite for couple of drops
Don't think dry cleaning removes mould. At certain times of the year it accounts for about 20% of revenue. Suggest you may be underpricing your service but reluctant to say more due to local lurkers who look but don't ever contribute.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Don't think dry cleaning removes mould. At certain times of the year it accounts for about 20% of revenue. Suggest you may be underpricing your service but reluctant to say more due to local lurkers who look but don't ever contribute.
I've been victimized by that before

Back
Top Bottom