Any Freedom 26 HP/45 blower Powerclean machine out there?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm looking at a Freedom 26 HP / 45 blower used unit. A few hundred hours. Can get it for a steal, along with lots of extra goodies. Anybody running these? I noticed the blower belts (3) are kinda whimpy, and they are located within 3 inches of the exhaust. Does that cause a problem? I also need to find a decent APO for this machine. A factory model APO would be prefered if I could find one. If not, I would prefer a 12 volt external model. Anybody at all running these please post back or PM me. I don't mind running a PC even though they are out of business. I've had plenty of experience with my Genny, and most parts can be found outside the system.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Re: Any Freedom 26 HP/45 blower Powerclean machine out there

Robert- I think Shane Tiegs has one but I could be mistaken (his could be a Victory). I know he has had issues with belts as I do with my Genesis. My belts are only a half inch from the exhaust on mine.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs

I've got a Victory 47xt. I don't know much about the Freedom but they seem to be less problematic than the Victory. Since you familiar with PowerClean it may be a good fit for you. If you have trouble with the belts install one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NASCAR-R ... arQ5fParts with hose directing the cooler air directly on the the sheaves. I've got 25% more hours on my belts currently and still going.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

I run a Freedom 47. I would steal another one.

Wrap the exhaust with header tape for more heat and to keep the belts cooler.

The belts location is really not a problem, and they are easy to change out.

Build your own 12V external APO for less than $200.

RUGMAN1969

We have 3 of the Freedom 45 units. First thing you want to do is go to O'reilly Auto Parts and order the upgraded belts. The O'reilly part numbers are 3-3vx335. They are a Gates brand of belt and have to be called in and special ordered. What this will do is totally eliminate the 3 separate blower belts with 1 single wide belt. The belts will last much longer with the single wide belt and yes wrap the exhaust header well.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Thanks all. I might pick this unit up and rebuild the Genny 59 for the bigger jobs. This unit is so super clean. Everything is tight and together.

SuperFly

rwcarpet said:
I'm looking at a Freedom 26 HP / 45 blower used unit. A few hundred hours. Can get it for a steal, along with lots of extra goodies. Anybody running these? I noticed the blower belts (3) are kinda whimpy, and they are located within 3 inches of the exhaust. Does that cause a problem? No prob. the 3 belts have been on mine for 5yrs (over 3000hrs) and still in good shape. The hrs would be more but also use a HP portable on jobs. They are tough belts. I also need to find a decent APO for this machine. A factory model APO would be prefered if I could find one. If not, I would prefer a 12 volt external model. Anybody at all running these please post back or PM me. I don't mind running a PC even though they are out of business. They have a Manufacturing Plant in the Chicago area Moline,Ill TOP GUN SUPPLY.800-378-0380. I've had plenty of experience with my Genny, and most parts can be found outside the system.

From what i hear they only sell the Freedom with the 47roots which is swapable for around 15-16k.
Grab it. Plenty of vac and great heat. You dont have to run the rpm's up all the way either to get good vac/heat and if you do OH YEAH!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

SuperFly said:
rwcarpet said:
I'm looking at a Freedom 26 HP / 45 blower used unit. A few hundred hours. Can get it for a steal, along with lots of extra goodies. Anybody running these? I noticed the blower belts (3) are kinda whimpy, and they are located within 3 inches of the exhaust. Does that cause a problem? No prob. the 3 belts have been on mine for 5yrs (over 3000hrs) and still in good shape. The hrs would be more but also use a HP portable on jobs. They are tough belts. I also need to find a decent APO for this machine. A factory model APO would be prefered if I could find one. If not, I would prefer a 12 volt external model. Anybody at all running these please post back or PM me. I don't mind running a PC even though they are out of business. They have a Manufacturing Plant in the Chicago area Moline,Ill TOP GUN SUPPLY.800-378-0380. I've had plenty of experience with my Genny, and most parts can be found outside the system.

From what i hear they only sell the Freedom with the 47roots which is swapable for around 15-16k.
Grab it. Plenty of vac and great heat. You dont have to run the rpm's up all the way either to get good vac/heat and if you do OH YEAH!

I believe the Manufacturing plant for PowerClean is closed, unless Top Gun took them over.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs

PowerClean and Top Gun Supply "were" one in the same.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Shane T said:
PowerClean and Top Gun Supply "were" one in the same.
Thanks....I did not know that. Over on the "other" BB, they were discussing somebody who had bought out the PC warehouse? Anybody hear that?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs

rwcarpet said:
Over on the "other" BB, they were discussing somebody who had bought out the PC warehouse? Anybody hear that?

I think I heard that Bill Calvert did.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Shane T said:
rwcarpet said:
Over on the "other" BB, they were discussing somebody who had bought out the PC warehouse? Anybody hear that?

I think I heard that Bill Calvert did.

I dunno......I talked with Bill this week, and he would have told me if he had bought out Powerclean, or any parts. I bought my Genesis 59 from him, through the factory. It would be nice to know if the warehouse parts are available.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom