any ideas on a all-in-one printer?

gasaxe

shopping for a good all in one printer. Thought this might be a good place to get some feedback. The knowitall at staples was high on a hp officejet pro 8500 but ive read a bunch of not so good reports online. Mainly just something reliable and the cartridges dont cost more than the printer.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I like my Lexmarx.. but lately they have gone back to the 4 cartridges mine takes two and last forever its about 1 year old.. IF you get a printer. look at the cartridge numbers and go to your local walgreens and see if they refill that model.. I get my HP cartridges refilled cheap

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have had HP's for years, don't know if there is anything better but surely there must be, it seems to be constantly out of ink, the darn things makes all sorts of noises and acts like its really doing something for way too long before it starts to print. the ink is always running out and is very expensive. the price of replacement ink would drive my next purchase more than anything else. I have an hp 6500 all in one, I think its a POS

Chads

Supportive Member
I went through the same thing and hated HP printers, I have found the most important thing was to find a printer that has seperate ink colors so if one runs out first you dont have to replace the whole thing just because you ran out of red or yellow you dont have to replace the whole cartridge. I have a cannon and I am really impressed with it.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Chads said:
I went through the same thing and hated HP printers, I have found the most important thing was to find a printer that has seperate ink colors so if one runs out first you dont have to replace the whole thing just because you ran out of red or yellow you dont have to replace the whole cartridge.

+1
Make sure you look into the ink configuration and prices, as carefully as you are looking at units. Find out the ink cartridge number for each unit you are considering, and price them just as you price the printer itself. The difference may surprise you.

Billy

Name
BH
We have had quite a few AIO HPs (OfficeJets, PhotoSmart etc) & all AIOs have been JUNK except for the PhotoSmart C7250 we still have in the BigBearTruck. When it dies it will be replaced with a Canon which is the printer we use in our office. Canon is the only AIO printer we have had last any length of time.

I agree with buying printers that use Separate Ink Carts since this allows you to use all of your ink.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
epson workforce 610. Fastest print speeds of an all in one and generic ink available off of ebay. Prints envelopes much better than machines that pull from the bottom and putting specialty paper in such as letterhead is a breeze because it loads from the back. Do what I did and buy a brand new one on ebay for 109 delivered and then order a 10 pack of ink for 20 bucks delivered at the same time. One cool feature that I really like is the ability to print to fax. Instead of printing an invoice I just print to fax and it faxes the document instead of printing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom